Oct 23, 2012, 9:22 PM EDT
Giants manager Bruce Bochy announced earlier this evening that left-hander Barry Zito will start Game 1 of the World Series on Wednesday night against the Tigers. And now we can fill in most of the other slots.
Bumgarner was hammered for six earned runs over just 3 2/3 innings in his lone NLCS outing against the Cardinals and has posted a brutal 11.25 ERA and 2.13 WHIP in eight total innings this postseason. But the Giants are saying he has identified and corrected a mechanical flaw, and that he is feeling better physically after battling some lingering late-summer fatigue.
Tim Lincecum will be available in relief for the first four games. He could get a start if the series runs long.
- Phillies officials “have contemplated the possibility of paying off” and releasing Ryan Howard 20
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 16
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 158
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 30
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 29
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 108
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (158)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (96)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)