Oct 23, 2012, 9:22 PM EST
Giants manager Bruce Bochy announced earlier this evening that left-hander Barry Zito will start Game 1 of the World Series on Wednesday night against the Tigers. And now we can fill in most of the other slots.
Bumgarner was hammered for six earned runs over just 3 2/3 innings in his lone NLCS outing against the Cardinals and has posted a brutal 11.25 ERA and 2.13 WHIP in eight total innings this postseason. But the Giants are saying he has identified and corrected a mechanical flaw, and that he is feeling better physically after battling some lingering late-summer fatigue.
Tim Lincecum will be available in relief for the first four games. He could get a start if the series runs long.
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 0
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 1
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 340
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (340)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- John Baker, Jeremy Brown, coal mines and class (80)
- Report: Josh Hamilton could get a suspension of “at least 25 games” (71)