Oct 23, 2012, 9:22 PM EDT
Giants manager Bruce Bochy announced earlier this evening that left-hander Barry Zito will start Game 1 of the World Series on Wednesday night against the Tigers. And now we can fill in most of the other slots.
Bumgarner was hammered for six earned runs over just 3 2/3 innings in his lone NLCS outing against the Cardinals and has posted a brutal 11.25 ERA and 2.13 WHIP in eight total innings this postseason. But the Giants are saying he has identified and corrected a mechanical flaw, and that he is feeling better physically after battling some lingering late-summer fatigue.
Tim Lincecum will be available in relief for the first four games. He could get a start if the series runs long.
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 29
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 13
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 29
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 24
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 35
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 70
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)