Oct 23, 2012, 9:22 PM EDT
Giants manager Bruce Bochy announced earlier this evening that left-hander Barry Zito will start Game 1 of the World Series on Wednesday night against the Tigers. And now we can fill in most of the other slots.
Bumgarner was hammered for six earned runs over just 3 2/3 innings in his lone NLCS outing against the Cardinals and has posted a brutal 11.25 ERA and 2.13 WHIP in eight total innings this postseason. But the Giants are saying he has identified and corrected a mechanical flaw, and that he is feeling better physically after battling some lingering late-summer fatigue.
Tim Lincecum will be available in relief for the first four games. He could get a start if the series runs long.
- National League GM says Phillies’ asking price for Cole Hamels hasn’t dropped “one bit” 2
- Giants receive their 2014 World Series championship rings 17
- Angels activate Garrett Richards for Sunday debut 2
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 38
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 12
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 38
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 25
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)