Oct 23, 2012, 12:29 AM EDT
With the bases loaded in the third inning Monday, baseball’s most awkward player delivered one of the awkward doubles you’ll ever see, breaking the game open as the Giants went on to rout the Cardinals.
Here it is, 40 seconds into the video:
The hit was just Pence’s fourth of the NLCS. It went as his first double since Sept. 9. Had Kozma held his ground when the ball left Pence’s bat, there’s a real chance it would have turned into a double play, potentially halting a five-run rally before it ever got started. Instead, it was game over.
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 2
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 122
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 4
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 30
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (122)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)