Oct 23, 2012, 12:29 AM EDT
With the bases loaded in the third inning Monday, baseball’s most awkward player delivered one of the awkward doubles you’ll ever see, breaking the game open as the Giants went on to rout the Cardinals.
Here it is, 40 seconds into the video:
The hit was just Pence’s fourth of the NLCS. It went as his first double since Sept. 9. Had Kozma held his ground when the ball left Pence’s bat, there’s a real chance it would have turned into a double play, potentially halting a five-run rally before it ever got started. Instead, it was game over.
- Zack Wheeler goes six scoreless innings in MLB debut 8
- The San Jose lawsuit against Major League Baseball should be thrown out of court 38
- San Jose sues Major League Baseball, challenging its monopoly power 26
- Original Biogenesis source: “the people running Major League Baseball are the biggest scumbags on Earth” 41
- Brian Cashman calls out Yankees hitting coach Kevin Long 52
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Neil deGrasse Tyson explains why beanball wars are stupid (104)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Patriots' Hernandez questioned in murder investigation
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- HBT: Mets' Wheeler goes six scoreless in MLB debut
- Lolo Jones' attempt at humor backfires