Oct 23, 2012, 12:00 AM EDT
Who else were you expecting?
The Giants defeated the Cardinals 9-0 in Game 7 of the NLCS tonight and the MVP of the series was a pretty easy call.
Marco Scutaro, who managed to stay in the lineup after Matt Holliday‘s takeout slide in Game 2, was named the MVP after hitting a scorching .500 (14-for-28) with three doubles, two RBI, two walks and five runs scored during the series. His 14 hits tie him with Hideki Matsui (2004), Albert Pujols (2004) and Kevin Youkilis (2007) for the LCS record.
Scutaro went 3-for-4 with a walk and a run scored in Game 7 tonight. Catching the final out of the ballgame — a pop-up off the bat of Holliday, appropriately enough — on a soaking wet infield at AT&T Park was just icing on the cake.
Referred to as “The Blockbuster” by his Giants’ teammates for his excellent play since coming over from the Rockies in July, Scutaro has a 10-game hitting streak during the postseason.
- Report: Zack Wheeler expected to make 2-3 starts in minors before joining Mets 5
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 99
- Astros vendor brings snow cones into bathroom stall, gets fired 54
- Don Mattingly will still be the Dodgers’ manager on Friday 18
- Jake Westbrook feeling lingering discomfort in right elbow 8
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (117)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (113)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (99)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (79)
- Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Tebow fact: He reminds Chuck Norris of Chuck Norris
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- HBT: Astros vendor fired after taking food into bathroom
- PHT: Avs name Hall of Famer Roy as head coach
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead