Oct 23, 2012, 8:53 AM EDT
Old Gator sent this one along, natch.
The mayor of Miami stepped in it recently when he said that if Fidel Castro dies and there are big rallies and protests and things in Miami, that “protestors go to the Orange Bowl.” Of course there is no Orange Bowl anymore. That’s where Marlins Park sits.
The mayor corrected himself and noted he was speaking from an old script. Then he added that, no, people should not go to the same location because …
“I don’t think the Marlins would want that … Knowing them, they would charge to protest.”
- Sammy Sosa wasn’t invited to Wrigley Field’s 100th birthday 20
- Wrigley Field — the most human park in baseball — turns 100-years-old 15
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 72
- Albert Pujols becomes 26th member of 500 home run club 46
- MLB suspends Martin Maldonado, Carlos Gomez, Travis Snider, and Russell Martin for Easter brawl 48