Oct 23, 2012, 4:41 PM EDT
TMZ reports that Carlton Fisk was arrested last night and charged with a DUI in Illinois.
TMZ talked to a police source who said the Hall of Fame catcher was “driving his truck into the middle of a corn field” at around 7:00 p.m. and was asleep at the wheel next to a bottle of vodka when officers arrived.
Fisk refused a blood alcohol test and the 64-year-old was released from jail this morning.
For more details, including Fisk’s mugshot, read the full story on TMZ.com.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 71
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)