Oct 23, 2012, 4:41 PM EDT
TMZ reports that Carlton Fisk was arrested last night and charged with a DUI in Illinois.
TMZ talked to a police source who said the Hall of Fame catcher was “driving his truck into the middle of a corn field” at around 7:00 p.m. and was asleep at the wheel next to a bottle of vodka when officers arrived.
Fisk refused a blood alcohol test and the 64-year-old was released from jail this morning.
For more details, including Fisk’s mugshot, read the full story on TMZ.com.
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 2
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 24
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 11
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 38
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 181
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 74
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 38
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (181)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)