Oct 23, 2012, 4:41 PM EDT
TMZ reports that Carlton Fisk was arrested last night and charged with a DUI in Illinois.
TMZ talked to a police source who said the Hall of Fame catcher was “driving his truck into the middle of a corn field” at around 7:00 p.m. and was asleep at the wheel next to a bottle of vodka when officers arrived.
Fisk refused a blood alcohol test and the 64-year-old was released from jail this morning.
For more details, including Fisk’s mugshot, read the full story on TMZ.com.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)