Oct 23, 2012, 4:41 PM EST
TMZ reports that Carlton Fisk was arrested last night and charged with a DUI in Illinois.
TMZ talked to a police source who said the Hall of Fame catcher was “driving his truck into the middle of a corn field” at around 7:00 p.m. and was asleep at the wheel next to a bottle of vodka when officers arrived.
Fisk refused a blood alcohol test and the 64-year-old was released from jail this morning.
For more details, including Fisk’s mugshot, read the full story on TMZ.com.
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 20
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 38
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 45
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 27
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)