Oct 23, 2012, 4:41 PM EDT
TMZ reports that Carlton Fisk was arrested last night and charged with a DUI in Illinois.
TMZ talked to a police source who said the Hall of Fame catcher was “driving his truck into the middle of a corn field” at around 7:00 p.m. and was asleep at the wheel next to a bottle of vodka when officers arrived.
Fisk refused a blood alcohol test and the 64-year-old was released from jail this morning.
For more details, including Fisk’s mugshot, read the full story on TMZ.com.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 3
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 23
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 13
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 183
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 21
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 35
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 19
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (185)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)