Oct 23, 2012, 1:48 PM EDT
John Farrell will be taking Torey Lovullo with him from Toronto to Boston, as Rob Bradford of WEEI.com reports that Lovullo will join the Red Sox’s staff as Farrell’s bench coach.
Lovullo was the first base coach on Farrell’s coaching staff in Toronto for the past two seasons and before that had a stint as the Red Sox’s Triple-A manager. He was also a candidate to replace Terry Francona last offseason before the Red Sox hired Bobby Valentine.
As for the rest of Farrell’s staff, we already know that hitting coach Dave Magadan left Boston to take the same job in Texas and Bradford reports that the Red Sox have told other holdovers from the Valentine regime that they’re free to pursue jobs elsewhere.
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 68
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 67
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 23
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 86
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 62
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29