Oct 23, 2012, 1:48 PM EDT
John Farrell will be taking Torey Lovullo with him from Toronto to Boston, as Rob Bradford of WEEI.com reports that Lovullo will join the Red Sox’s staff as Farrell’s bench coach.
Lovullo was the first base coach on Farrell’s coaching staff in Toronto for the past two seasons and before that had a stint as the Red Sox’s Triple-A manager. He was also a candidate to replace Terry Francona last offseason before the Red Sox hired Bobby Valentine.
As for the rest of Farrell’s staff, we already know that hitting coach Dave Magadan left Boston to take the same job in Texas and Bradford reports that the Red Sox have told other holdovers from the Valentine regime that they’re free to pursue jobs elsewhere.
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 15
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 238
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 3
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 141
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 40
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 98
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 78
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (250)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (156)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)