Oct 23, 2012, 1:48 PM EDT
John Farrell will be taking Torey Lovullo with him from Toronto to Boston, as Rob Bradford of WEEI.com reports that Lovullo will join the Red Sox’s staff as Farrell’s bench coach.
Lovullo was the first base coach on Farrell’s coaching staff in Toronto for the past two seasons and before that had a stint as the Red Sox’s Triple-A manager. He was also a candidate to replace Terry Francona last offseason before the Red Sox hired Bobby Valentine.
As for the rest of Farrell’s staff, we already know that hitting coach Dave Magadan left Boston to take the same job in Texas and Bradford reports that the Red Sox have told other holdovers from the Valentine regime that they’re free to pursue jobs elsewhere.
- Brad Ausmus receives a vote of confidence from new Tigers general manager Al Avila 9
- Title or no title, Dave Dombrowski’s tenure in Detroit was a success 27
- Dave Dombrowski out as Tigers General Manager, team president; Al Avila takes over 59
- Blue Jays’ Aaron Sanchez, John Gibbons disciplined in the wake of Sunday’s plunkings 72
- Believe the hype: Carlos Correa is already a superstar 34
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 16
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (208)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (88)