Oct 23, 2012, 1:48 PM EDT
John Farrell will be taking Torey Lovullo with him from Toronto to Boston, as Rob Bradford of WEEI.com reports that Lovullo will join the Red Sox’s staff as Farrell’s bench coach.
Lovullo was the first base coach on Farrell’s coaching staff in Toronto for the past two seasons and before that had a stint as the Red Sox’s Triple-A manager. He was also a candidate to replace Terry Francona last offseason before the Red Sox hired Bobby Valentine.
As for the rest of Farrell’s staff, we already know that hitting coach Dave Magadan left Boston to take the same job in Texas and Bradford reports that the Red Sox have told other holdovers from the Valentine regime that they’re free to pursue jobs elsewhere.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (111)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)