Oct 23, 2012, 1:48 PM EDT
John Farrell will be taking Torey Lovullo with him from Toronto to Boston, as Rob Bradford of WEEI.com reports that Lovullo will join the Red Sox’s staff as Farrell’s bench coach.
Lovullo was the first base coach on Farrell’s coaching staff in Toronto for the past two seasons and before that had a stint as the Red Sox’s Triple-A manager. He was also a candidate to replace Terry Francona last offseason before the Red Sox hired Bobby Valentine.
As for the rest of Farrell’s staff, we already know that hitting coach Dave Magadan left Boston to take the same job in Texas and Bradford reports that the Red Sox have told other holdovers from the Valentine regime that they’re free to pursue jobs elsewhere.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 69
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 25
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (87)