Oct 24, 2012, 7:22 PM EDT
Giants backup catcher Hector Sanchez made one start in the NLDS against the Reds and another in the NLCS versus the Cardinals. But the 22-year-old is unlikely to catch at all during the World Series.
Giants manager Bruce Bochy told Henry Schulman of the San Francisco Chronicle on Wednesday that Buster Posey will do “all the catching” throughout the Fall Classic. Sanchez could get a few looks at DH once the series shifts to Detroit, but he won’t be behind the plate unless there’s an emergency.
Posey, 25, batted .336/.408/.549 with 24 home runs and 103 RBI during the regular season. The likely National League MVP is hitting .178/.288/.311 with two homers and six RBI so far in the postseason.
Sanchez had a .280/.295/.390 slash line during the regular season and is 1-for-7 in these playoffs.
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 3
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 28
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 19
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 87
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 59
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 55
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (87)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)