Oct 24, 2012, 10:47 AM EDT
Less than half of the Giants’ current roster remains from the team that won the World Series in 2010. There are only 11 holdovers, or 12 if you include Game 1 starter Barry Zito despite his not being on the actual playoff roster in 2010.
Carl Steward of the San Jose Mercury News has the full breakdown, with the biggest additions since 2010 being Ryan Vogelsong, Hunter Pence, Angel Pagan, Brandon Belt, Brandon Crawford, and of course NLCS MVP Marco Scutaro.
Meanwhile, the Tigers actually have three holdovers from the 2006 team that lost in the World Series to the Cardinals: Justin Verlander, Ramon Santiago, and Omar Infante, who left and played for two other teams before coming back in the middle of this season.
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 32
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 15
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 69
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 69
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 23
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 86