Oct 24, 2012, 10:47 AM EDT
Less than half of the Giants’ current roster remains from the team that won the World Series in 2010. There are only 11 holdovers, or 12 if you include Game 1 starter Barry Zito despite his not being on the actual playoff roster in 2010.
Carl Steward of the San Jose Mercury News has the full breakdown, with the biggest additions since 2010 being Ryan Vogelsong, Hunter Pence, Angel Pagan, Brandon Belt, Brandon Crawford, and of course NLCS MVP Marco Scutaro.
Meanwhile, the Tigers actually have three holdovers from the 2006 team that lost in the World Series to the Cardinals: Justin Verlander, Ramon Santiago, and Omar Infante, who left and played for two other teams before coming back in the middle of this season.
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 0
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 47
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 87
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (89)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (87)