Oct 24, 2012, 3:03 PM EDT
SAN FRANCISCO — Well, not quite Oakland, but pretty close. My seats in the auxiliary press box for the next two nights:
Not that I’m complaining one bit. The World Series is a hot, hot ticket, and I’m just happy to be here. As of right now, standing room only is going for $300. When I was walking to the park from hotel a little while ago I stopped for a light on the corner of Third and King and two scalpers were complaining that they couldn’t find anything for under $400. Detroit is no different, as I’m told that prices for Saturday’s game are starting at $350 for standing room. I don’t tend to pay too close attention to this sort of thing, but I don’t recall prices being so insane for World Series tickets the past couple of years.
It’s several hours before the game, of course, but the energy here is already building. There are bomb squad dogs sniffing the perimeter of the place and inside people are stocking the luxury boxes with candy and goodies and sweets. Lucky SOBs.
I’m going to go bop around, see some sights and get into trouble. Follow me on Twitter at @CraigCalcaterra for random pictures and weirdness not substantial enough for a real post.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (124)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (116)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (82)
- LIVE: Bruins-Rangers, Game 5
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- PHT: Brassard says Marchand shows no respect
- PST: Neymar reportedly set to join Barcelona