Oct 24, 2012, 3:03 PM EDT
SAN FRANCISCO — Well, not quite Oakland, but pretty close. My seats in the auxiliary press box for the next two nights:
Not that I’m complaining one bit. The World Series is a hot, hot ticket, and I’m just happy to be here. As of right now, standing room only is going for $300. When I was walking to the park from hotel a little while ago I stopped for a light on the corner of Third and King and two scalpers were complaining that they couldn’t find anything for under $400. Detroit is no different, as I’m told that prices for Saturday’s game are starting at $350 for standing room. I don’t tend to pay too close attention to this sort of thing, but I don’t recall prices being so insane for World Series tickets the past couple of years.
It’s several hours before the game, of course, but the energy here is already building. There are bomb squad dogs sniffing the perimeter of the place and inside people are stocking the luxury boxes with candy and goodies and sweets. Lucky SOBs.
I’m going to go bop around, see some sights and get into trouble. Follow me on Twitter at @CraigCalcaterra for random pictures and weirdness not substantial enough for a real post.
- Cuban slugger Yasmani Tomas to command $100 million? 18
- Bruce and Brett Bochy make MLB history 29
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Zack Greinke homers, Dodgers demolish the Giants 17-0 at AT&T Park 19
- Frank Torre: 1931-2014 6
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 46
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball 86
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use 92
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (86)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)