Oct 24, 2012, 3:15 PM EST
“That’s the time I usually start hitting anyway,” Kemp said, although based on other players who’ve gone through similar surgeries–new teammate Adrian Gonzalez being one of them–his status for Opening Day is far from certain.
Doctors discovered more damage than expected once they had him under the knife, telling Kemp that they were surprised he was able to play through the injury in September. He was in the lineup for 27 games in the final month and homered six times, but hit just .222 with a .705 OPS.
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 65
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 251
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 160
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (253)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (101)
- Robinson Cano signing only bad if the Mariners stop now (93)