Oct 24, 2012, 3:15 PM EDT
“That’s the time I usually start hitting anyway,” Kemp said, although based on other players who’ve gone through similar surgeries–new teammate Adrian Gonzalez being one of them–his status for Opening Day is far from certain.
Doctors discovered more damage than expected once they had him under the knife, telling Kemp that they were surprised he was able to play through the injury in September. He was in the lineup for 27 games in the final month and homered six times, but hit just .222 with a .705 OPS.
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 0
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 6
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 24
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 12
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 46
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (114)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (75)