Oct 24, 2012, 9:27 PM EST
Justin Verlander had been a force throughout this 2012 postseason. But now he is getting hammered.
Giants second baseman Marco Scutaro, the MVP of the NLCS against the Cardinals, drove in Angel Pagan with a single up the middle in the bottom of the first inning, then Pablo Sandoval launched his second home run of the game to push San Francisco out to a 4-0 lead in Game 1 of the World Series.
Verlander has thrown a whopping 70 pitches through just three frames, yielding five hits and four earned runs.
- Media paying for athlete interviews? Not likely. But watch this stuff closely anyway. 2
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 12
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 64
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 78
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 61
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)