Oct 24, 2012, 10:09 PM EST
Babe Ruth. Reggie Jackson. Albert Pujols.
Those were the only players to homer three times in a World Series game before Giants third baseman Pablo Sandoval joined the club with a solo blast to right-center field in the bottom of the fifth inning of this Game 1. Sandoval sent a shot to the very same spot in the first and another to left field in the third.
Tigers ace Justin Verlander has already been driven from the game. Barry Zito, meanwhile, is working on another improbable postseason shutout. It’s 6-0 San Francisco as the sixth inning gets underway at a rocking AT&T Park.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (133)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)