Oct 24, 2012, 10:09 PM EDT
Babe Ruth. Reggie Jackson. Albert Pujols.
Those were the only players to homer three times in a World Series game before Giants third baseman Pablo Sandoval joined the club with a solo blast to right-center field in the bottom of the fifth inning of this Game 1. Sandoval sent a shot to the very same spot in the first and another to left field in the third.
Tigers ace Justin Verlander has already been driven from the game. Barry Zito, meanwhile, is working on another improbable postseason shutout. It’s 6-0 San Francisco as the sixth inning gets underway at a rocking AT&T Park.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)