Oct 24, 2012, 10:09 PM EDT
Babe Ruth. Reggie Jackson. Albert Pujols.
Those were the only players to homer three times in a World Series game before Giants third baseman Pablo Sandoval joined the club with a solo blast to right-center field in the bottom of the fifth inning of this Game 1. Sandoval sent a shot to the very same spot in the first and another to left field in the third.
Tigers ace Justin Verlander has already been driven from the game. Barry Zito, meanwhile, is working on another improbable postseason shutout. It’s 6-0 San Francisco as the sixth inning gets underway at a rocking AT&T Park.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 37
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 27
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 45
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 49
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 137
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 91
- The Lester trade is a win-win 113
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (200)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (137)
- Tampa Bay news station tweets classless Detroit joke following David Price trade (128)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)