Oct 24, 2012, 10:09 PM EDT
Babe Ruth. Reggie Jackson. Albert Pujols.
Those were the only players to homer three times in a World Series game before Giants third baseman Pablo Sandoval joined the club with a solo blast to right-center field in the bottom of the fifth inning of this Game 1. Sandoval sent a shot to the very same spot in the first and another to left field in the third.
Tigers ace Justin Verlander has already been driven from the game. Barry Zito, meanwhile, is working on another improbable postseason shutout. It’s 6-0 San Francisco as the sixth inning gets underway at a rocking AT&T Park.
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 41
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 44
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 56
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (123)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (88)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)