Oct 24, 2012, 10:09 PM EDT
Babe Ruth. Reggie Jackson. Albert Pujols.
Those were the only players to homer three times in a World Series game before Giants third baseman Pablo Sandoval joined the club with a solo blast to right-center field in the bottom of the fifth inning of this Game 1. Sandoval sent a shot to the very same spot in the first and another to left field in the third.
Tigers ace Justin Verlander has already been driven from the game. Barry Zito, meanwhile, is working on another improbable postseason shutout. It’s 6-0 San Francisco as the sixth inning gets underway at a rocking AT&T Park.
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 12
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 157
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 29
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 29
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 108
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39