Oct 24, 2012, 5:05 PM EDT
Apropos of, well, everything:
That’s all I got right now, folks. The Giants are going through workouts on the field. There is more media here than anything I’ve ever seen, and every player, coach and manager is at peak “don’t say anything interesting or controversial” form. They’ve been preparing for this level of cliche since February, folks.
The scene outside is getting silly as folks are waiting to be let into the park. I can either smell garlic fries or else I’m having a psychosomatic reaction in anticipation.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 71
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)