Oct 24, 2012, 5:05 PM EDT
Apropos of, well, everything:
That’s all I got right now, folks. The Giants are going through workouts on the field. There is more media here than anything I’ve ever seen, and every player, coach and manager is at peak “don’t say anything interesting or controversial” form. They’ve been preparing for this level of cliche since February, folks.
The scene outside is getting silly as folks are waiting to be let into the park. I can either smell garlic fries or else I’m having a psychosomatic reaction in anticipation.
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 4
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 15
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 48
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 49
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)