Oct 24, 2012, 9:40 AM EDT
After the deluge during Game 7 on Monday night, the Giants groundskeeper dumped the teams entire supply of that absorbent clay on the infield at AT&T Park. But less than 36 hours later, the field is in tip-top shape. How? He borrowed 3,000 pounds of it from the A’s. Andrew Baggarly reports:
“We had enough on hand, I thought,” said Elliott, as the Giants worked out on the gleaming field Tuesday afternoon. “I had to call a few of my sources this morning. I snuck over across the bay and borrowed some from our friends over there. I don’t know if I should be telling you that, though.”
Yet they still fight over San Jose. But I guess what I’m trying to say is, if I can change, and you can change, everybody can change … Yo Adrian!
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (124)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (116)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (82)
- LIVE: Bruins-Rangers, Game 5
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- PHT: Brassard says Marchand shows no respect
- PST: Neymar reportedly set to join Barcelona