Oct 24, 2012, 9:14 AM EDT
You’d think that the bat used by Hunter Pence to hit that screwball single in Game 7 would be a piece of history for the Giants or Pence. You know, the bat that actually hit the bat a few times and produced this astounding slo-mo replay:
Yep, wanna hold on to that one, don’t you? But hey, does anyone know where it is? Andrew Baggarly of CSNBayArea.com: do you know where it is?
Sold, for $400, to a fan at the From the Clubhouse game-used merchandise stall behind Section 119 just an hour after the Giants’ 9-0, pennant-clinching victory over the Cardinals Monday night.
You’d think that whoever is in charge of the game-used merchandise store would maybe appreciate the significance of it, but I guess not.
Still, a happy ending is likely. The man who bought the bat — which Pence named “Fryer,” by the way, as he names all of his bats — has contacted the Giants and wants Pence to have it back.
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 10
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 115
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- This team. 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (117)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)