Oct 24, 2012, 9:14 AM EDT
You’d think that the bat used by Hunter Pence to hit that screwball single in Game 7 would be a piece of history for the Giants or Pence. You know, the bat that actually hit the bat a few times and produced this astounding slo-mo replay:
Yep, wanna hold on to that one, don’t you? But hey, does anyone know where it is? Andrew Baggarly of CSNBayArea.com: do you know where it is?
Sold, for $400, to a fan at the From the Clubhouse game-used merchandise stall behind Section 119 just an hour after the Giants’ 9-0, pennant-clinching victory over the Cardinals Monday night.
You’d think that whoever is in charge of the game-used merchandise store would maybe appreciate the significance of it, but I guess not.
Still, a happy ending is likely. The man who bought the bat — which Pence named “Fryer,” by the way, as he names all of his bats — has contacted the Giants and wants Pence to have it back.
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 0
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 33
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 59
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 70
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 44
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 12
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 48
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 28
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)