Oct 24, 2012, 9:14 AM EST
You’d think that the bat used by Hunter Pence to hit that screwball single in Game 7 would be a piece of history for the Giants or Pence. You know, the bat that actually hit the bat a few times and produced this astounding slo-mo replay:
Yep, wanna hold on to that one, don’t you? But hey, does anyone know where it is? Andrew Baggarly of CSNBayArea.com: do you know where it is?
Sold, for $400, to a fan at the From the Clubhouse game-used merchandise stall behind Section 119 just an hour after the Giants’ 9-0, pennant-clinching victory over the Cardinals Monday night.
You’d think that whoever is in charge of the game-used merchandise store would maybe appreciate the significance of it, but I guess not.
Still, a happy ending is likely. The man who bought the bat — which Pence named “Fryer,” by the way, as he names all of his bats — has contacted the Giants and wants Pence to have it back.
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 74
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 47
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 35
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 52
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (76)