Oct 24, 2012, 9:14 AM EDT
You’d think that the bat used by Hunter Pence to hit that screwball single in Game 7 would be a piece of history for the Giants or Pence. You know, the bat that actually hit the bat a few times and produced this astounding slo-mo replay:
Yep, wanna hold on to that one, don’t you? But hey, does anyone know where it is? Andrew Baggarly of CSNBayArea.com: do you know where it is?
Sold, for $400, to a fan at the From the Clubhouse game-used merchandise stall behind Section 119 just an hour after the Giants’ 9-0, pennant-clinching victory over the Cardinals Monday night.
You’d think that whoever is in charge of the game-used merchandise store would maybe appreciate the significance of it, but I guess not.
Still, a happy ending is likely. The man who bought the bat — which Pence named “Fryer,” by the way, as he names all of his bats — has contacted the Giants and wants Pence to have it back.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 82
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 10
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 221
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 53
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (221)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)