Oct 24, 2012, 9:14 AM EDT
You’d think that the bat used by Hunter Pence to hit that screwball single in Game 7 would be a piece of history for the Giants or Pence. You know, the bat that actually hit the bat a few times and produced this astounding slo-mo replay:
Yep, wanna hold on to that one, don’t you? But hey, does anyone know where it is? Andrew Baggarly of CSNBayArea.com: do you know where it is?
Sold, for $400, to a fan at the From the Clubhouse game-used merchandise stall behind Section 119 just an hour after the Giants’ 9-0, pennant-clinching victory over the Cardinals Monday night.
You’d think that whoever is in charge of the game-used merchandise store would maybe appreciate the significance of it, but I guess not.
Still, a happy ending is likely. The man who bought the bat — which Pence named “Fryer,” by the way, as he names all of his bats — has contacted the Giants and wants Pence to have it back.
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 2
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 20
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 61
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 48
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 95
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 131
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (131)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)