Oct 25, 2012, 6:10 PM EST
The Boston Globe reports that Tim Bogar, the assumed lead Bobby Valentine backstabber, won’t be back on Boston’s coaching staff next year, the Boston Globe’s Peter Abraham reports.
It’s already been reported that Torey Lovullo is set to make the move from Toronto to Boston with John Farrell and take over as bench coach.
Bogar was offered Houston’s bench coach job earlier this month, but he opted to stay with the Red Sox and take his chances that he’d remain in the plans for 2013. There’s no word yet on if he was offered another position in the organization.
Despite the Bobby V controversy, it seems unlikely that Bogar will be out of work for long. The Astros knew all about it when they offered him a gig. Bogar’s status as a managerial candidate may have taken a hit this year, but given that he’s just 46, he still has plenty of time left to redeem himself.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)