Oct 25, 2012, 6:10 PM EDT
The Boston Globe reports that Tim Bogar, the assumed lead Bobby Valentine backstabber, won’t be back on Boston’s coaching staff next year, the Boston Globe’s Peter Abraham reports.
It’s already been reported that Torey Lovullo is set to make the move from Toronto to Boston with John Farrell and take over as bench coach.
Bogar was offered Houston’s bench coach job earlier this month, but he opted to stay with the Red Sox and take his chances that he’d remain in the plans for 2013. There’s no word yet on if he was offered another position in the organization.
Despite the Bobby V controversy, it seems unlikely that Bogar will be out of work for long. The Astros knew all about it when they offered him a gig. Bogar’s status as a managerial candidate may have taken a hit this year, but given that he’s just 46, he still has plenty of time left to redeem himself.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 22
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (85)