Oct 25, 2012, 6:10 PM EST
The Boston Globe reports that Tim Bogar, the assumed lead Bobby Valentine backstabber, won’t be back on Boston’s coaching staff next year, the Boston Globe’s Peter Abraham reports.
It’s already been reported that Torey Lovullo is set to make the move from Toronto to Boston with John Farrell and take over as bench coach.
Bogar was offered Houston’s bench coach job earlier this month, but he opted to stay with the Red Sox and take his chances that he’d remain in the plans for 2013. There’s no word yet on if he was offered another position in the organization.
Despite the Bobby V controversy, it seems unlikely that Bogar will be out of work for long. The Astros knew all about it when they offered him a gig. Bogar’s status as a managerial candidate may have taken a hit this year, but given that he’s just 46, he still has plenty of time left to redeem himself.
- Cliff Pennington avoids arbitration, agrees to $3.275 million deal with D’Backs 3
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 26
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 44
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 62
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40