Oct 25, 2012, 6:10 PM EDT
The Boston Globe reports that Tim Bogar, the assumed lead Bobby Valentine backstabber, won’t be back on Boston’s coaching staff next year, the Boston Globe’s Peter Abraham reports.
It’s already been reported that Torey Lovullo is set to make the move from Toronto to Boston with John Farrell and take over as bench coach.
Bogar was offered Houston’s bench coach job earlier this month, but he opted to stay with the Red Sox and take his chances that he’d remain in the plans for 2013. There’s no word yet on if he was offered another position in the organization.
Despite the Bobby V controversy, it seems unlikely that Bogar will be out of work for long. The Astros knew all about it when they offered him a gig. Bogar’s status as a managerial candidate may have taken a hit this year, but given that he’s just 46, he still has plenty of time left to redeem himself.
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 6
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 75
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 76
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 102
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (103)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (102)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)
- Jonathan Papelbon blows save, gets ejected for making rude gesture at booing crowd (77)