Oct 25, 2012, 8:44 PM EDT
Want to hear something awesome? According to Lori Pruitt of NBC Bay Area, Bryan Stow is in attendance tonight at AT&T Park for Game 2 of the World Series against the Tigers.
This is believed to be the first game that Stow has attended since he was brutally beaten in the Dodger Stadium parking lot on March 31, 2011. Stow participated in a virtual first pitch in the Giants’ home opener this year along with his son, Tyler, and left-hander Jeremy Affeldt.
Janie McCauley of the Associated Press has confirmed that Stow is indeed at the game tonight as a guest of the Giants. Stow’s family has requested privacy, so it’s not clear whether he’ll be recognized during tonight’s game. But that doesn’t make it any less special.
UPDATE: According to Bill Shaikin of the Los Angeles Times, the Giants displayed a message on the scoreboard before the top of the seventh inning that read, “A Giant Welcome to Bryan Stow and his Family.”
- Joey Votto reaches base six times as Reds rout Phillies 4
- Troy Tulowitzki says he wasn’t accusing Madison Bumgarner of cheating 5
- Quote of the Day: Brian Cashman is keeping Ben Francisco around to “piss everybody off” 24
- Report: Mets considering demoting Ike Davis 4
- The Astros lost in spectacular fashion last night 26
- Oxbow upsets Orb in Preakness
- Live Extra: Watch Game 3 between Sharks, Kings
- MST: Carpenter wins pole for 97th Indianapolis 500
- PHT: Red Wings even up series with Blackhawks
- PBT: Pacers may not have Hill for Game 6
- PHT: No surgery needed for Staal after brutal hit
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges