Oct 25, 2012, 8:44 PM EDT
Want to hear something awesome? According to Lori Pruitt of NBC Bay Area, Bryan Stow is in attendance tonight at AT&T Park for Game 2 of the World Series against the Tigers.
This is believed to be the first game that Stow has attended since he was brutally beaten in the Dodger Stadium parking lot on March 31, 2011. Stow participated in a virtual first pitch in the Giants’ home opener this year along with his son, Tyler, and left-hander Jeremy Affeldt.
Janie McCauley of the Associated Press has confirmed that Stow is indeed at the game tonight as a guest of the Giants. Stow’s family has requested privacy, so it’s not clear whether he’ll be recognized during tonight’s game. But that doesn’t make it any less special.
UPDATE: According to Bill Shaikin of the Los Angeles Times, the Giants displayed a message on the scoreboard before the top of the seventh inning that read, “A Giant Welcome to Bryan Stow and his Family.”
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 43
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 69
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 39
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 12
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 48
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 28
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)