Oct 25, 2012, 8:44 PM EDT
Want to hear something awesome? According to Lori Pruitt of NBC Bay Area, Bryan Stow is in attendance tonight at AT&T Park for Game 2 of the World Series against the Tigers.
This is believed to be the first game that Stow has attended since he was brutally beaten in the Dodger Stadium parking lot on March 31, 2011. Stow participated in a virtual first pitch in the Giants’ home opener this year along with his son, Tyler, and left-hander Jeremy Affeldt.
Janie McCauley of the Associated Press has confirmed that Stow is indeed at the game tonight as a guest of the Giants. Stow’s family has requested privacy, so it’s not clear whether he’ll be recognized during tonight’s game. But that doesn’t make it any less special.
UPDATE: According to Bill Shaikin of the Los Angeles Times, the Giants displayed a message on the scoreboard before the top of the seventh inning that read, “A Giant Welcome to Bryan Stow and his Family.”
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 9
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 141
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 19
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 34
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 33
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 19
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry 87
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 30
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (141)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)