Oct 25, 2012, 8:57 PM EDT
The Giants had a scoring chance go by the wayside in the bottom of the second inning.
Buster Posey singled off Doug Fister to begin the inning before Hunter Pence flew out to center field and Brandon Belt struck out swinging. However, Gregor Blanco followed with a line drive up the middle which deflected off Fister’s head and fell for a single. Fister threw a few warm-up pitches and managed to convince all involved that he was OK to stay in. Pretty scary given what happened with Brandon McCarthy this year, but there you go.
Bumgarner has struck out five over three scoreless innings thus far, so we’re scoreless going into the bottom of the third in Game 2.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 52
- Alex Sanabia brings back the spitball in beating the Phillies 35
- Joe Maddon shows us why limited instant replay and manager challenges are bad ideas 43
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore 65
- Apparently Miguel Cabrera’s 2013 has made his 2012 better somehow 55
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- Sports world keeps eye on Oklahoma tornado
- PBT: Vogel downplays war of words with LeBron
- HBT: Camera catches Marlins' Sanabia with spitball
- PBT: Howard reportedly frustrated with D'Antoni
- PBT: Durant, Thunder send support to tornado victims