Oct 25, 2012, 8:57 PM EDT
The Giants had a scoring chance go by the wayside in the bottom of the second inning.
Buster Posey singled off Doug Fister to begin the inning before Hunter Pence flew out to center field and Brandon Belt struck out swinging. However, Gregor Blanco followed with a line drive up the middle which deflected off Fister’s head and fell for a single. Fister threw a few warm-up pitches and managed to convince all involved that he was OK to stay in. Pretty scary given what happened with Brandon McCarthy this year, but there you go.
Bumgarner has struck out five over three scoreless innings thus far, so we’re scoreless going into the bottom of the third in Game 2.
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 5
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 16
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 33
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 70
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 67
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 7
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)