Oct 25, 2012, 8:57 PM EDT
The Giants had a scoring chance go by the wayside in the bottom of the second inning.
Buster Posey singled off Doug Fister to begin the inning before Hunter Pence flew out to center field and Brandon Belt struck out swinging. However, Gregor Blanco followed with a line drive up the middle which deflected off Fister’s head and fell for a single. Fister threw a few warm-up pitches and managed to convince all involved that he was OK to stay in. Pretty scary given what happened with Brandon McCarthy this year, but there you go.
Bumgarner has struck out five over three scoreless innings thus far, so we’re scoreless going into the bottom of the third in Game 2.
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 11
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 212
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 3
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 139
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 40
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 78
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (212)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (139)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)