Oct 25, 2012, 10:37 PM EST
Game 2 is scoreless no longer.
The inning was set up when Doug Fister gave up a leadoff single to Pence. He was replaced by Drew Smyly, who proceeded to walk Brandon Belt. Gregor Blanco then dropped down a perfectly-placed bunt and the Tigers’ only hope was that it would roll foul. It didn’t. Once again, everything seems to be going the Giants’ way. Crawford then hit the double-play grounder to score Pence. Smyly escaped further damage by getting Ryan Theriot (who pinch-hit for Madison Bumgarner) to strike out. Things could have been been much worse for the Tigers given the circumstances.
The Giants have a 1-0 lead entering the eighth inning while the Tigers have six outs left to play with.
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 42
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba 108
- Marlins complete Michael Morse deal: two years, $16 million 18
- Padres, Rays, Mariners discussing trade involving Wil Myers 36
- It is perfectly clear that A-Rod is the Yankees’ DH. At best. So there will be no drama, right? 37
- Dodgers cut Brian Wilson and his $9.5 million salary 53
- Royals and Alex Rios agree to one-year, $11 million contract 16
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. 95
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (115)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (110)
- Done Deal: Yoenis Cespedes and two players traded to Detroit for Rick Porcello and a minor leaguer (105)
- Jon Lester goes to Cubs for $155 million over six years (99)