Oct 25, 2012, 10:37 PM EST
Game 2 is scoreless no longer.
The inning was set up when Doug Fister gave up a leadoff single to Pence. He was replaced by Drew Smyly, who proceeded to walk Brandon Belt. Gregor Blanco then dropped down a perfectly-placed bunt and the Tigers’ only hope was that it would roll foul. It didn’t. Once again, everything seems to be going the Giants’ way. Crawford then hit the double-play grounder to score Pence. Smyly escaped further damage by getting Ryan Theriot (who pinch-hit for Madison Bumgarner) to strike out. Things could have been been much worse for the Tigers given the circumstances.
The Giants have a 1-0 lead entering the eighth inning while the Tigers have six outs left to play with.
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 8
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 18
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (96)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (85)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (79)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (70)