Oct 25, 2012, 10:37 PM EDT
Game 2 is scoreless no longer.
The inning was set up when Doug Fister gave up a leadoff single to Pence. He was replaced by Drew Smyly, who proceeded to walk Brandon Belt. Gregor Blanco then dropped down a perfectly-placed bunt and the Tigers’ only hope was that it would roll foul. It didn’t. Once again, everything seems to be going the Giants’ way. Crawford then hit the double-play grounder to score Pence. Smyly escaped further damage by getting Ryan Theriot (who pinch-hit for Madison Bumgarner) to strike out. Things could have been been much worse for the Tigers given the circumstances.
The Giants have a 1-0 lead entering the eighth inning while the Tigers have six outs left to play with.
- Ryne Sandberg opines on baseball’s steroid era 19
- Watch David Wells’ perfect game from 15 years ago today 21
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 61
- Army Lt. Col. surprises daughter on ceremonial first pitch 34
- Bryce Harper in Nationals’ lineup for first time since crashing into right field wall 8
- Swimmer Phelps denies comeback rumors
- PHT: Crosby's hat trick powers Penguins past Senators
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges
- PFT: Gronk taking pre-surgery rip through Vegas
- PFT: Seahawks' Irvin suspended for violating PED policy
- Orb favored to take Preakness, set up Triple try
- What to watch for at the Preakness