Oct 25, 2012, 10:37 PM EDT
Game 2 is scoreless no longer.
The inning was set up when Doug Fister gave up a leadoff single to Pence. He was replaced by Drew Smyly, who proceeded to walk Brandon Belt. Gregor Blanco then dropped down a perfectly-placed bunt and the Tigers’ only hope was that it would roll foul. It didn’t. Once again, everything seems to be going the Giants’ way. Crawford then hit the double-play grounder to score Pence. Smyly escaped further damage by getting Ryan Theriot (who pinch-hit for Madison Bumgarner) to strike out. Things could have been been much worse for the Tigers given the circumstances.
The Giants have a 1-0 lead entering the eighth inning while the Tigers have six outs left to play with.
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 64
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 50
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 58
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 146
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (146)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (145)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (101)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (90)