Oct 25, 2012, 3:45 PM EST
Mark Zuckerman of CSNWashington.com reports that the recovery timetable is six weeks, so barring any setbacks Zimmerman should have plenty of time to get healthy for spring training.
Prior to his first injection Zimmerman hit just .218 with three homers and a .590 OPS in 55 games, but he hit .321 with 22 homers and a .967 OPS in his final 90 games to finish the year with an .824 OPS that’s right in line with his .832 career mark.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 21
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 19
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 373
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (373)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (145)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (91)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)