Oct 25, 2012, 3:45 PM EDT
Mark Zuckerman of CSNWashington.com reports that the recovery timetable is six weeks, so barring any setbacks Zimmerman should have plenty of time to get healthy for spring training.
Prior to his first injection Zimmerman hit just .218 with three homers and a .590 OPS in 55 games, but he hit .321 with 22 homers and a .967 OPS in his final 90 games to finish the year with an .824 OPS that’s right in line with his .832 career mark.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (122)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (116)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (81)
- Pacers even series with Heat
- Penguins bounce Senators | Highlights
- MST: Rosberg wins pole in Monaco | Highlights
- Tennis.com: Can anyone stop Serena at French?
- Tennis.com: Is French still Nadal's to lose?
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hitter in 9th vs. Twins
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy