Oct 25, 2012, 3:45 PM EDT
Mark Zuckerman of CSNWashington.com reports that the recovery timetable is six weeks, so barring any setbacks Zimmerman should have plenty of time to get healthy for spring training.
Prior to his first injection Zimmerman hit just .218 with three homers and a .590 OPS in 55 games, but he hit .321 with 22 homers and a .967 OPS in his final 90 games to finish the year with an .824 OPS that’s right in line with his .832 career mark.
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 10
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 46
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 25
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 20
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (109)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)