Oct 25, 2012, 3:45 PM EDT
Mark Zuckerman of CSNWashington.com reports that the recovery timetable is six weeks, so barring any setbacks Zimmerman should have plenty of time to get healthy for spring training.
Prior to his first injection Zimmerman hit just .218 with three homers and a .590 OPS in 55 games, but he hit .321 with 22 homers and a .967 OPS in his final 90 games to finish the year with an .824 OPS that’s right in line with his .832 career mark.
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 47
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 51
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 82
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 57
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 52
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 38
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 41
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 96
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (105)
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode (104)
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels (96)