Oct 25, 2012, 4:49 PM EDT
Here are the lineups for Game 2 of the World Series between the Tigers and Giants, in San Francisco:
DETROIT TIGERS SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS 1. Austin Jackson, CF 1. Angel Pagan, CF 2. Omar Infante, 2B 2. Marco Scutaro, 2B 3. Miguel Cabrera, 3B 3. Pablo Sandoval, 3B 4. Prince Fielder, 1B 4. Buster Posey, C 5. Delmon Young, LF 5. Hunter Pence, RF 6. Jhonny Peralta, SS 6. Brandon Belt, 1B 7. Avisail Garcia, RF 7. Gregor Blanco, LF 8. Gerald Laird, C 8. Brandon Crawford, SS 9. Doug Fister, SP 9. Madison Bumgarner, SP
Alex Avila started against a left-hander in Game 1 for the first time since September 1, but after going 0-for-3 with a walk he’s on the bench for Game 2 versus a lefty in favor of Gerald Laird. That’s the lone lineup change from Jim Leyland, who once again has GIF-generator Delmon Young in left field to keep his bat in the lineup when the Tigers don’t have the designated hitter.
Bruce Bochy is going with the exact same lineup he used in Game 1. And why not, because the Giants beat Justin Verlander and are now facing another right-hander in Doug Fister. The big question tonight is whether the good or bad Madison Bumgarner will show up for San Francisco.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (111)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)