Oct 25, 2012, 4:49 PM EST
Here are the lineups for Game 2 of the World Series between the Tigers and Giants, in San Francisco:
DETROIT TIGERS SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS 1. Austin Jackson, CF 1. Angel Pagan, CF 2. Omar Infante, 2B 2. Marco Scutaro, 2B 3. Miguel Cabrera, 3B 3. Pablo Sandoval, 3B 4. Prince Fielder, 1B 4. Buster Posey, C 5. Delmon Young, LF 5. Hunter Pence, RF 6. Jhonny Peralta, SS 6. Brandon Belt, 1B 7. Avisail Garcia, RF 7. Gregor Blanco, LF 8. Gerald Laird, C 8. Brandon Crawford, SS 9. Doug Fister, SP 9. Madison Bumgarner, SP
Alex Avila started against a left-hander in Game 1 for the first time since September 1, but after going 0-for-3 with a walk he’s on the bench for Game 2 versus a lefty in favor of Gerald Laird. That’s the lone lineup change from Jim Leyland, who once again has GIF-generator Delmon Young in left field to keep his bat in the lineup when the Tigers don’t have the designated hitter.
Bruce Bochy is going with the exact same lineup he used in Game 1. And why not, because the Giants beat Justin Verlander and are now facing another right-hander in Doug Fister. The big question tonight is whether the good or bad Madison Bumgarner will show up for San Francisco.
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 12
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 64
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 78
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 61
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 53
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)