Oct 25, 2012, 4:49 PM EDT
Here are the lineups for Game 2 of the World Series between the Tigers and Giants, in San Francisco:
DETROIT TIGERS SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS 1. Austin Jackson, CF 1. Angel Pagan, CF 2. Omar Infante, 2B 2. Marco Scutaro, 2B 3. Miguel Cabrera, 3B 3. Pablo Sandoval, 3B 4. Prince Fielder, 1B 4. Buster Posey, C 5. Delmon Young, LF 5. Hunter Pence, RF 6. Jhonny Peralta, SS 6. Brandon Belt, 1B 7. Avisail Garcia, RF 7. Gregor Blanco, LF 8. Gerald Laird, C 8. Brandon Crawford, SS 9. Doug Fister, SP 9. Madison Bumgarner, SP
Alex Avila started against a left-hander in Game 1 for the first time since September 1, but after going 0-for-3 with a walk he’s on the bench for Game 2 versus a lefty in favor of Gerald Laird. That’s the lone lineup change from Jim Leyland, who once again has GIF-generator Delmon Young in left field to keep his bat in the lineup when the Tigers don’t have the designated hitter.
Bruce Bochy is going with the exact same lineup he used in Game 1. And why not, because the Giants beat Justin Verlander and are now facing another right-hander in Doug Fister. The big question tonight is whether the good or bad Madison Bumgarner will show up for San Francisco.
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 6
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 15
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 1
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 4
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 57
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 42
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 20
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 69