Oct 26, 2012, 11:51 AM EDT
According to Clark Spencer of the Miami Herald the Marlins requested permission from the Padres to speak to special assistant Brad Ausmus about replacing Ozzie Guillen and Ausmus said no thanks.
Ausmus previously took himself out of the running for the Astros job, but went through the interview process with the Red Sox and was clearly interested in managing in Boston.
In Miami? Not so much, which is certainly understandable. Just about everyone seems to think Ausmus will eventually get an opportunity to manage and will probably be pretty good at it, so why take over a last-place team with a meddling ownership that has a long history of firing managers?
- Report: Rays owner Stuart Sternberg has discussed moving the team to Montreal 7
- Dave Dombrowski on Miguel Cabrera: “It’s worse than what we ever would have anticipated” 15
- World Series Reset: Can the Giants even things up? 3
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 34
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 4
- The greatest trick this Royals bullpen ever pulled … 3
- Adam Wainwright underwent elbow surgery to “trim” cartilage 13
- World Series, Game 3: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (143)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (101)