Oct 26, 2012, 11:51 AM EDT
According to Clark Spencer of the Miami Herald the Marlins requested permission from the Padres to speak to special assistant Brad Ausmus about replacing Ozzie Guillen and Ausmus said no thanks.
Ausmus previously took himself out of the running for the Astros job, but went through the interview process with the Red Sox and was clearly interested in managing in Boston.
In Miami? Not so much, which is certainly understandable. Just about everyone seems to think Ausmus will eventually get an opportunity to manage and will probably be pretty good at it, so why take over a last-place team with a meddling ownership that has a long history of firing managers?
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 41
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 44
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 56
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (123)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (87)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)