Oct 26, 2012, 11:51 AM EDT
According to Clark Spencer of the Miami Herald the Marlins requested permission from the Padres to speak to special assistant Brad Ausmus about replacing Ozzie Guillen and Ausmus said no thanks.
Ausmus previously took himself out of the running for the Astros job, but went through the interview process with the Red Sox and was clearly interested in managing in Boston.
In Miami? Not so much, which is certainly understandable. Just about everyone seems to think Ausmus will eventually get an opportunity to manage and will probably be pretty good at it, so why take over a last-place team with a meddling ownership that has a long history of firing managers?
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 12
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 75
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 12
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 46
- 2015 Preview: New York Yankees 63
- 2015 Preview: Cleveland Indians 10
- Dodgers sign Cuban star Hector Olivera for $62.5 million 55
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (99)
- Joe West ejects A.J. Pierzynski by calmly telling the Braves’ dugout “you need a new catcher.” (97)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (75)