Oct 26, 2012, 11:51 AM EDT
According to Clark Spencer of the Miami Herald the Marlins requested permission from the Padres to speak to special assistant Brad Ausmus about replacing Ozzie Guillen and Ausmus said no thanks.
Ausmus previously took himself out of the running for the Astros job, but went through the interview process with the Red Sox and was clearly interested in managing in Boston.
In Miami? Not so much, which is certainly understandable. Just about everyone seems to think Ausmus will eventually get an opportunity to manage and will probably be pretty good at it, so why take over a last-place team with a meddling ownership that has a long history of firing managers?
- Clayton Kershaw cleared to begin rehab assignment on Friday at High-A Rancho Cucamonga 1
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension 82
- Mark Trumbo diagnosed with stress fracture in foot 7
- Josh Johnson needs a second Tommy John surgery 21
- Sammy Sosa wasn’t invited to Wrigley Field’s 100th birthday 45
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (200)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (169)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (115)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)