Oct 26, 2012, 11:51 AM EDT
According to Clark Spencer of the Miami Herald the Marlins requested permission from the Padres to speak to special assistant Brad Ausmus about replacing Ozzie Guillen and Ausmus said no thanks.
Ausmus previously took himself out of the running for the Astros job, but went through the interview process with the Red Sox and was clearly interested in managing in Boston.
In Miami? Not so much, which is certainly understandable. Just about everyone seems to think Ausmus will eventually get an opportunity to manage and will probably be pretty good at it, so why take over a last-place team with a meddling ownership that has a long history of firing managers?
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 37
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 27
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 42
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 49
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 137
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 91
- The Lester trade is a win-win 113
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (200)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (137)
- Tampa Bay news station tweets classless Detroit joke following David Price trade (128)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)