Oct 26, 2012, 9:30 PM EDT
Kenny Williams and Ozzie Guillen are both charting new courses now, what with Williams having been pushed upstairs by the White Sox and Guillen getting fired by the Marlins. For the first time since the two split last year, Williams opened up about his feelings for Guillen to CSNChicago.com’s Chuck Garfien on Friday.
“He was my friend, a very dear friend at one point in time,” Williams said. “Some of the things that have been said have hurt me, I’ll be honest with you, because I didn’t feel like it was warranted. For me personally, it’s water under the bridge. You move on. It’s unfortunate what happened down in Florida.”
Williams hasn’t been in contact with Guillen since the two parted ways with last year’s trade. The two continued working together after nearly coming to blows in a June 2010 incident, but the relationship was frayed beyond repair during the 2011 season.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 71
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)