Oct 26, 2012, 10:47 AM EST
As expected the Red Sox have named a new bench coach in Torey Lovullo, who comes with new manager John Farrell from Toronto.
Lovullo was the Blue Jays’ first base coach on Farrell’s staff, but replaces Tim Bogar as the bench coach in Boston. Bogar, who yesterday spoke out against Bobby Valentine’s comments regarding the coaching staff undermining him, will not be back with the Red Sox in 2013.
Lovullo previously had a stint as the Red Sox’s manager at Triple-A Pawtucket and was a candidate to replace Terry Francona last offseason, but Boston chose Valentine instead.
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 4
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 28
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 155
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 42
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 17
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (155)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (89)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (78)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (76)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (69)