Oct 26, 2012, 10:47 AM EDT
As expected the Red Sox have named a new bench coach in Torey Lovullo, who comes with new manager John Farrell from Toronto.
Lovullo was the Blue Jays’ first base coach on Farrell’s staff, but replaces Tim Bogar as the bench coach in Boston. Bogar, who yesterday spoke out against Bobby Valentine’s comments regarding the coaching staff undermining him, will not be back with the Red Sox in 2013.
Lovullo previously had a stint as the Red Sox’s manager at Triple-A Pawtucket and was a candidate to replace Terry Francona last offseason, but Boston chose Valentine instead.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 0
- Devin Mesoraco could need hip surgery 2
- Alex Cobb confirmed to have elbow ligament tear 13
- Royals expected to get closer Greg Holland back tomorrow 3
- Madison Bumgarner threw his fastest pitch since 2010 9
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- Rangers snap Astros’ 10-game winning streak 7
- UPDATE: Hanley Ramirez exits game with a left shoulder sprain 27
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (140)
- Buck Showalter had some wise words about what’s happening in Baltimore (123)
- Some anti-DH counterpoints (102)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (98)
- Alex Rodriguez hits a pinch-hit home run to tie Willie Mays at 660 home runs (96)