Oct 26, 2012, 10:47 AM EDT
As expected the Red Sox have named a new bench coach in Torey Lovullo, who comes with new manager John Farrell from Toronto.
Lovullo was the Blue Jays’ first base coach on Farrell’s staff, but replaces Tim Bogar as the bench coach in Boston. Bogar, who yesterday spoke out against Bobby Valentine’s comments regarding the coaching staff undermining him, will not be back with the Red Sox in 2013.
Lovullo previously had a stint as the Red Sox’s manager at Triple-A Pawtucket and was a candidate to replace Terry Francona last offseason, but Boston chose Valentine instead.
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 7
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 85
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 54
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20