Oct 26, 2012, 10:47 AM EDT
As expected the Red Sox have named a new bench coach in Torey Lovullo, who comes with new manager John Farrell from Toronto.
Lovullo was the Blue Jays’ first base coach on Farrell’s staff, but replaces Tim Bogar as the bench coach in Boston. Bogar, who yesterday spoke out against Bobby Valentine’s comments regarding the coaching staff undermining him, will not be back with the Red Sox in 2013.
Lovullo previously had a stint as the Red Sox’s manager at Triple-A Pawtucket and was a candidate to replace Terry Francona last offseason, but Boston chose Valentine instead.
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 56
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 47
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 57
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 146
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (146)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (145)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (100)