Oct 26, 2012, 10:47 AM EDT
As expected the Red Sox have named a new bench coach in Torey Lovullo, who comes with new manager John Farrell from Toronto.
Lovullo was the Blue Jays’ first base coach on Farrell’s staff, but replaces Tim Bogar as the bench coach in Boston. Bogar, who yesterday spoke out against Bobby Valentine’s comments regarding the coaching staff undermining him, will not be back with the Red Sox in 2013.
Lovullo previously had a stint as the Red Sox’s manager at Triple-A Pawtucket and was a candidate to replace Terry Francona last offseason, but Boston chose Valentine instead.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)