Oct 26, 2012, 8:06 PM EDT
A Tigers fan in Detroit is offering a house in exchange for tickets to Game 3 of the World Series.
As you might have guessed, though, it’s not much of a house. CBS Detroit’s Sara did a little detective work to find out that the offer, made on Craigslist, is for a three-bedroom fixer-upper in Detroit that would go for somewhere in the $2,500-$5,000 range on the open market.
It usually rents as Section 8 housing and those who have gone to check out the property say that the house is missing some doors, windows and a toilet.
Still, it may be a good deal at that. The fan is reportedly willing to deal it even for standing room tickets, and a pair of those can be had for $500 at the moment.
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 4
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 11
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 17
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 26
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)