Oct 26, 2012, 8:06 PM EDT
A Tigers fan in Detroit is offering a house in exchange for tickets to Game 3 of the World Series.
As you might have guessed, though, it’s not much of a house. CBS Detroit’s Sara did a little detective work to find out that the offer, made on Craigslist, is for a three-bedroom fixer-upper in Detroit that would go for somewhere in the $2,500-$5,000 range on the open market.
It usually rents as Section 8 housing and those who have gone to check out the property say that the house is missing some doors, windows and a toilet.
Still, it may be a good deal at that. The fan is reportedly willing to deal it even for standing room tickets, and a pair of those can be had for $500 at the moment.
- Masahiro Tanaka to pitch on Sunday 7
- Astros shut down George Springer for the season 0
- The Blue Jays will make a qualifying offer to Melky Cabrera 18
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 34
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 42
- VIDEO: Jacob deGrom begins game with eight straight strikeouts to tie MLB record 11
- Bud Selig says MLB and players union will meet this week about domestic abuse policy 8
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 67
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)