Oct 26, 2012, 8:06 PM EDT
A Tigers fan in Detroit is offering a house in exchange for tickets to Game 3 of the World Series.
As you might have guessed, though, it’s not much of a house. CBS Detroit’s Sara did a little detective work to find out that the offer, made on Craigslist, is for a three-bedroom fixer-upper in Detroit that would go for somewhere in the $2,500-$5,000 range on the open market.
It usually rents as Section 8 housing and those who have gone to check out the property say that the house is missing some doors, windows and a toilet.
Still, it may be a good deal at that. The fan is reportedly willing to deal it even for standing room tickets, and a pair of those can be had for $500 at the moment.
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 40
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 119
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (119)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (104)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)