Oct 27, 2012, 11:26 AM EDT
Joel Sherman of the New York Post spoke with multiple MLB executives about David Wright and the Mets and he says that the consensus from them is that Wright is going to get a seven year deal for about $127 million. Add the $16 million option the Mets have on him for 2013 and it works out to $143 million over eight years.
Whatever floats his boat. Seems pretty reasonable for a superstar of Wright’s caliber.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 71
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)