Oct 27, 2012, 11:26 AM EST
Joel Sherman of the New York Post spoke with multiple MLB executives about David Wright and the Mets and he says that the consensus from them is that Wright is going to get a seven year deal for about $127 million. Add the $16 million option the Mets have on him for 2013 and it works out to $143 million over eight years.
Whatever floats his boat. Seems pretty reasonable for a superstar of Wright’s caliber.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)