Oct 27, 2012, 11:26 AM EDT
Joel Sherman of the New York Post spoke with multiple MLB executives about David Wright and the Mets and he says that the consensus from them is that Wright is going to get a seven year deal for about $127 million. Add the $16 million option the Mets have on him for 2013 and it works out to $143 million over eight years.
Whatever floats his boat. Seems pretty reasonable for a superstar of Wright’s caliber.
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 0
- Mets blow out Marlins, move past Nationals for first place in NL East 6
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 71
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 85
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 65
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)