Oct 27, 2012, 11:26 AM EDT
Joel Sherman of the New York Post spoke with multiple MLB executives about David Wright and the Mets and he says that the consensus from them is that Wright is going to get a seven year deal for about $127 million. Add the $16 million option the Mets have on him for 2013 and it works out to $143 million over eight years.
Whatever floats his boat. Seems pretty reasonable for a superstar of Wright’s caliber.
- Brook Jacoby and umpire Doug Eddings were in a “loud, obscenity-laced, nose-to-nose exchange” 4
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 101
- Devin Mesoraco could need hip surgery 3
- Alex Cobb confirmed to have elbow ligament tear 13
- Royals expected to get closer Greg Holland back tomorrow 3
- Madison Bumgarner threw his fastest pitch since 2010 9
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- Rangers snap Astros’ 10-game winning streak 7
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (140)
- Buck Showalter had some wise words about what’s happening in Baltimore (123)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (104)
- Some anti-DH counterpoints (102)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (98)