Oct 27, 2012, 9:03 PM EDT
The Giants are 8-1 this postseason when they score first. And they lead here in World Series Game 3.
Hunter Pence drew a walk to open the second inning, stole second base, advanced to third on a wild pitch by Tigers starter Anibal Sanchez, then scored easily when Gregor Blanco smashed a 3-2 breaking ball off the right-center field wall for a triple. Brandon Crawford then drove in Blanco with a base hit that dropped in front of Detroit’s Austin Jackson.
Sanchez had a smooth first inning but has looked pretty shaky since. Perhaps the cold weather is affecting his grip. Giants starter Ryan Vogelsong, meanwhile, has thrown two scoreless frames. San Francisco leads 2-0 as the third inning gets underway.
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 2
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 20
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 61
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 48
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 95
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 131
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (131)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)