Oct 27, 2012, 9:28 AM EDT
The bad news: the Astros new logo was accidentally leaked yesterday when a shirt with it on there was displayed at an Academy sporting goods store in Houston.
The good news: it’s pretty cool:
— Ernest Moreno (@astromo1977) October 26, 2012
Within minutes of that tweet going crazy, the store pulled the merch and issued an apology.
No apology necessary for the Astros, though: cool old school logo, bringing back both the star-H, for which we have advocated for a long time now and bringing back the orange and blue, which just seem way more Astros than anything.
- Giants manager Bruce Bochy doesn’t expect Matt Cain to pitch again this year 4
- Matt Harvey throws off mound for first time since Tommy John surgery 3
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 38
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 27
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 46
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 49
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 137
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 91
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (201)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (137)
- Tampa Bay news station tweets classless Detroit joke following David Price trade (128)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)