Oct 27, 2012, 9:28 AM EDT
The bad news: the Astros new logo was accidentally leaked yesterday when a shirt with it on there was displayed at an Academy sporting goods store in Houston.
The good news: it’s pretty cool:
— Ernest Moreno (@astromo1977) October 26, 2012
Within minutes of that tweet going crazy, the store pulled the merch and issued an apology.
No apology necessary for the Astros, though: cool old school logo, bringing back both the star-H, for which we have advocated for a long time now and bringing back the orange and blue, which just seem way more Astros than anything.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 61
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 17
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)