Oct 27, 2012, 9:28 AM EDT
The bad news: the Astros new logo was accidentally leaked yesterday when a shirt with it on there was displayed at an Academy sporting goods store in Houston.
The good news: it’s pretty cool:
— Ernest Moreno (@astromo1977) October 26, 2012
Within minutes of that tweet going crazy, the store pulled the merch and issued an apology.
No apology necessary for the Astros, though: cool old school logo, bringing back both the star-H, for which we have advocated for a long time now and bringing back the orange and blue, which just seem way more Astros than anything.
- Report: Cubs calling up prospect infielder Addison Russell 0
- Jonathan Lucroy headed to disabled list with broken toe 5
- Reds manager Bryan Price goes on profanity-laden tirade against media 44
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 75
- Report: Marlins manager Mike Redmond is on the hot seat 40
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 88
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 14
- Another one bites the dust: Mets lose young catcher Travis d’Arnaud to fractured right hand 14
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (129)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (109)