Oct 27, 2012, 5:27 PM EDT
Here are the lineups for Game 3 of the World Series between the Giants and Tigers:
SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS DETROIT TIGERS 1. Angel Pagan, CF 1. Austin Jackson, CF 2. Marco Scutaro, 2B 2. Quintin Berry, LF 3. Pablo Sandoval, 3B 3. Miguel Cabrera, 3B 4. Buster Posey, C 4. Prince Fielder, 1B 5. Hunter Pence, RF 5. Delmon Young, DH 6. Brandon Belt, 1B 6. Andy Dirks, RF 7. Gregor Blanco, LF 7. Jhonny Peralta, SS 8. Hector Sanchez, DH 8. Alex Avila, C 9. Brandon Crawford, SS 9. Omar Infante, 2B SP Ryan Vogelsong, RH SP Anibal Sanchez, RH
The Giants obviously aren’t used to the DH, and don’t have a great answer for that spot. Sanchez, 22, batted just .280/.295/.390 with three home runs in 227 plate appearances during the 2012 regular season.
The Tigers are going with their standard batting order against right-handed pitching. Young won’t have to play the outfield at Comerica Park, which is good for Detroit but unfortunate for fans of comedy.
Game 3 of this Fall Classic is set to get underway at 8:07 p.m. ET. San Fran leads the series 2-0.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 11
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 65
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 57
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 58
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 147
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (147)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (145)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (101)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (90)