Oct 27, 2012, 5:27 PM EDT
Here are the lineups for Game 3 of the World Series between the Giants and Tigers:
SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS DETROIT TIGERS 1. Angel Pagan, CF 1. Austin Jackson, CF 2. Marco Scutaro, 2B 2. Quintin Berry, LF 3. Pablo Sandoval, 3B 3. Miguel Cabrera, 3B 4. Buster Posey, C 4. Prince Fielder, 1B 5. Hunter Pence, RF 5. Delmon Young, DH 6. Brandon Belt, 1B 6. Andy Dirks, RF 7. Gregor Blanco, LF 7. Jhonny Peralta, SS 8. Hector Sanchez, DH 8. Alex Avila, C 9. Brandon Crawford, SS 9. Omar Infante, 2B SP Ryan Vogelsong, RH SP Anibal Sanchez, RH
The Giants obviously aren’t used to the DH, and don’t have a great answer for that spot. Sanchez, 22, batted just .280/.295/.390 with three home runs in 227 plate appearances during the 2012 regular season.
The Tigers are going with their standard batting order against right-handed pitching. Young won’t have to play the outfield at Comerica Park, which is good for Detroit but unfortunate for fans of comedy.
Game 3 of this Fall Classic is set to get underway at 8:07 p.m. ET. San Fran leads the series 2-0.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 21
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)