Oct 27, 2012, 5:27 PM EDT
Here are the lineups for Game 3 of the World Series between the Giants and Tigers:
SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS DETROIT TIGERS 1. Angel Pagan, CF 1. Austin Jackson, CF 2. Marco Scutaro, 2B 2. Quintin Berry, LF 3. Pablo Sandoval, 3B 3. Miguel Cabrera, 3B 4. Buster Posey, C 4. Prince Fielder, 1B 5. Hunter Pence, RF 5. Delmon Young, DH 6. Brandon Belt, 1B 6. Andy Dirks, RF 7. Gregor Blanco, LF 7. Jhonny Peralta, SS 8. Hector Sanchez, DH 8. Alex Avila, C 9. Brandon Crawford, SS 9. Omar Infante, 2B SP Ryan Vogelsong, RH SP Anibal Sanchez, RH
The Giants obviously aren’t used to the DH, and don’t have a great answer for that spot. Sanchez, 22, batted just .280/.295/.390 with three home runs in 227 plate appearances during the 2012 regular season.
The Tigers are going with their standard batting order against right-handed pitching. Young won’t have to play the outfield at Comerica Park, which is good for Detroit but unfortunate for fans of comedy.
Game 3 of this Fall Classic is set to get underway at 8:07 p.m. ET. San Fran leads the series 2-0.
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 48
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 13
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)