Oct 27, 2012, 5:27 PM EDT
Here are the lineups for Game 3 of the World Series between the Giants and Tigers:
SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS DETROIT TIGERS 1. Angel Pagan, CF 1. Austin Jackson, CF 2. Marco Scutaro, 2B 2. Quintin Berry, LF 3. Pablo Sandoval, 3B 3. Miguel Cabrera, 3B 4. Buster Posey, C 4. Prince Fielder, 1B 5. Hunter Pence, RF 5. Delmon Young, DH 6. Brandon Belt, 1B 6. Andy Dirks, RF 7. Gregor Blanco, LF 7. Jhonny Peralta, SS 8. Hector Sanchez, DH 8. Alex Avila, C 9. Brandon Crawford, SS 9. Omar Infante, 2B SP Ryan Vogelsong, RH SP Anibal Sanchez, RH
The Giants obviously aren’t used to the DH, and don’t have a great answer for that spot. Sanchez, 22, batted just .280/.295/.390 with three home runs in 227 plate appearances during the 2012 regular season.
The Tigers are going with their standard batting order against right-handed pitching. Young won’t have to play the outfield at Comerica Park, which is good for Detroit but unfortunate for fans of comedy.
Game 3 of this Fall Classic is set to get underway at 8:07 p.m. ET. San Fran leads the series 2-0.
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 10
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 8
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 32
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 48
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)