Oct 27, 2012, 5:27 PM EST
Here are the lineups for Game 3 of the World Series between the Giants and Tigers:
SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS DETROIT TIGERS 1. Angel Pagan, CF 1. Austin Jackson, CF 2. Marco Scutaro, 2B 2. Quintin Berry, LF 3. Pablo Sandoval, 3B 3. Miguel Cabrera, 3B 4. Buster Posey, C 4. Prince Fielder, 1B 5. Hunter Pence, RF 5. Delmon Young, DH 6. Brandon Belt, 1B 6. Andy Dirks, RF 7. Gregor Blanco, LF 7. Jhonny Peralta, SS 8. Hector Sanchez, DH 8. Alex Avila, C 9. Brandon Crawford, SS 9. Omar Infante, 2B SP Ryan Vogelsong, RH SP Anibal Sanchez, RH
The Giants obviously aren’t used to the DH, and don’t have a great answer for that spot. Sanchez, 22, batted just .280/.295/.390 with three home runs in 227 plate appearances during the 2012 regular season.
The Tigers are going with their standard batting order against right-handed pitching. Young won’t have to play the outfield at Comerica Park, which is good for Detroit but unfortunate for fans of comedy.
Game 3 of this Fall Classic is set to get underway at 8:07 p.m. ET. San Fran leads the series 2-0.
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 30
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 78
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 128
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 22
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 29
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 35
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 90
- What will the future of Cuban players in MLB look like? 25
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (128)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)