Oct 27, 2012, 12:02 PM EDT
I’m a little out of it on where we stand, collectively, with Zooey Deschanel. I know her cute-quirky-girl-that-everyone-likes thing is over, but I’m not sure if it died a natural death, if those iPhone commercials did it or if it happneed when she got that show on Fox. But even if she peaked and is now just a normal mid-level star, I still get the sense that she’s supposed to be a thinking-man’s celebrity crush.
I really don’t know, though. I used to know this stuff, but I just don’t anymore.
Anyway, she’s singing the National Anthem tonight before Game 3. I’m sure the fact that she has a Fox sitcom has nothing to do with it.
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter passes Carl Yastrzemski for seventh on all-time hits list 14
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence 75
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 29
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 45
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 24
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 29
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)