Oct 27, 2012, 12:02 PM EDT
I’m a little out of it on where we stand, collectively, with Zooey Deschanel. I know her cute-quirky-girl-that-everyone-likes thing is over, but I’m not sure if it died a natural death, if those iPhone commercials did it or if it happneed when she got that show on Fox. But even if she peaked and is now just a normal mid-level star, I still get the sense that she’s supposed to be a thinking-man’s celebrity crush.
I really don’t know, though. I used to know this stuff, but I just don’t anymore.
Anyway, she’s singing the National Anthem tonight before Game 3. I’m sure the fact that she has a Fox sitcom has nothing to do with it.
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 0
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 8
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 23
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 17
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 23
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 43
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 11
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (264)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)