Oct 27, 2012, 12:02 PM EDT
I’m a little out of it on where we stand, collectively, with Zooey Deschanel. I know her cute-quirky-girl-that-everyone-likes thing is over, but I’m not sure if it died a natural death, if those iPhone commercials did it or if it happneed when she got that show on Fox. But even if she peaked and is now just a normal mid-level star, I still get the sense that she’s supposed to be a thinking-man’s celebrity crush.
I really don’t know, though. I used to know this stuff, but I just don’t anymore.
Anyway, she’s singing the National Anthem tonight before Game 3. I’m sure the fact that she has a Fox sitcom has nothing to do with it.
- Christian Vazquez to undergo Tommy John surgery 9
- 2015 Preview: Colorado Rockies 4
- 2015 Preview: Minnesota Twins 18
- 2015 Preview: Philadelphia Phillies 30
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 47
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 22
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 21
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (91)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)