Oct 27, 2012, 12:02 PM EDT
I’m a little out of it on where we stand, collectively, with Zooey Deschanel. I know her cute-quirky-girl-that-everyone-likes thing is over, but I’m not sure if it died a natural death, if those iPhone commercials did it or if it happneed when she got that show on Fox. But even if she peaked and is now just a normal mid-level star, I still get the sense that she’s supposed to be a thinking-man’s celebrity crush.
I really don’t know, though. I used to know this stuff, but I just don’t anymore.
Anyway, she’s singing the National Anthem tonight before Game 3. I’m sure the fact that she has a Fox sitcom has nothing to do with it.
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 1
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 36
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 26
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 60
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 54
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 29
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 53
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (77)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)