Oct 28, 2012, 6:57 PM EDT
Carlos Almanzar, who works for ESPN Radio in Santo Domingo, reports that Bartolo Colon was taken to the hospital after getting hit in the mouth with a liner while pitching in the Dominican Republic today.
Colon, who finished the major league season suspended after a positive PED test, was making his second start for Aguilas Cibaenas on Sunday. He allowed three runs in five innings his first time out.
Colon was 10-9 with a 3.43 ERA for the A’s before being suspended this year. He’ll officially become a free agent after the World Series.
- Tigers acquire closer Joakim Soria from the Rangers 9
- Phillies officials “have contemplated the possibility of paying off” and releasing Ryan Howard 29
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 17
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 158
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 30
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 29
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (158)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)