Oct 28, 2012, 6:57 PM EDT
Carlos Almanzar, who works for ESPN Radio in Santo Domingo, reports that Bartolo Colon was taken to the hospital after getting hit in the mouth with a liner while pitching in the Dominican Republic today.
Colon, who finished the major league season suspended after a positive PED test, was making his second start for Aguilas Cibaenas on Sunday. He allowed three runs in five innings his first time out.
Colon was 10-9 with a 3.43 ERA for the A’s before being suspended this year. He’ll officially become a free agent after the World Series.
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 0
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 14
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 17
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 58
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 73
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 42
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 217
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (217)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)