Oct 28, 2012, 6:57 PM EDT
Carlos Almanzar, who works for ESPN Radio in Santo Domingo, reports that Bartolo Colon was taken to the hospital after getting hit in the mouth with a liner while pitching in the Dominican Republic today.
Colon, who finished the major league season suspended after a positive PED test, was making his second start for Aguilas Cibaenas on Sunday. He allowed three runs in five innings his first time out.
Colon was 10-9 with a 3.43 ERA for the A’s before being suspended this year. He’ll officially become a free agent after the World Series.
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 45
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 11
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 40
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 12
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 47
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (114)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (75)