Oct 28, 2012, 6:57 PM EDT
Carlos Almanzar, who works for ESPN Radio in Santo Domingo, reports that Bartolo Colon was taken to the hospital after getting hit in the mouth with a liner while pitching in the Dominican Republic today.
Colon, who finished the major league season suspended after a positive PED test, was making his second start for Aguilas Cibaenas on Sunday. He allowed three runs in five innings his first time out.
Colon was 10-9 with a 3.43 ERA for the A’s before being suspended this year. He’ll officially become a free agent after the World Series.
- Cubs fire manager Rick Renteria, clear way for Joe Maddon 23
- HardballTalk’s Top 150 Free Agents for 2015 22
- Joe Maddon’s pursuit of the Cubs job called “a classless act” by some in the game 110
- Kevin Youkilis opts for retirement at age 35 30
- 10 nominees for Hall of Fame’s Veterans Committee announced 106
- Bochy’s championship resume ranks among game’s best 19
- Alex Gordon would have been a dead duck had he tried to score 82
- Video: Pablo Sandoval catches final out in foul territory, Giants win 2014 World Series 10
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (281)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (148)
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (142)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- Joe Maddon’s pursuit of the Cubs job called “a classless act” by some in the game (110)