Oct 28, 2012, 6:57 PM EDT
Carlos Almanzar, who works for ESPN Radio in Santo Domingo, reports that Bartolo Colon was taken to the hospital after getting hit in the mouth with a liner while pitching in the Dominican Republic today.
Colon, who finished the major league season suspended after a positive PED test, was making his second start for Aguilas Cibaenas on Sunday. He allowed three runs in five innings his first time out.
Colon was 10-9 with a 3.43 ERA for the A’s before being suspended this year. He’ll officially become a free agent after the World Series.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 64
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 75
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 67
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 115
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)