Oct 28, 2012, 2:23 PM EST
Shi Davidi of Canada’s Sportsnet says the Blue Jays’ search for a new manager is being treated as a “tightly held secret.” But there are some hints.
Dodgers third base coach Tim Wallach is expected to interview, as are Orioles third base coach DeMarlo Hale, Indians bench coach Sandy Alomar Jr. and Blue Jays third base coach Brian Butterfield.
Brad Ausmus, a rising star who interviewed for the opening in Boston, is not in the running because the Jays want someone with past coaching experience. Ausmus has been working as a special assistant in the Padres’ front office since hanging up his cleats.
The job in Toronto opened up earlier this month when John Farrell was traded to the Red Sox.
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 10
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 55
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 141
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 24
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 29
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 37
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 90
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (141)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)