Oct 28, 2012, 2:23 PM EDT
Shi Davidi of Canada’s Sportsnet says the Blue Jays’ search for a new manager is being treated as a “tightly held secret.” But there are some hints.
Dodgers third base coach Tim Wallach is expected to interview, as are Orioles third base coach DeMarlo Hale, Indians bench coach Sandy Alomar Jr. and Blue Jays third base coach Brian Butterfield.
Brad Ausmus, a rising star who interviewed for the opening in Boston, is not in the running because the Jays want someone with past coaching experience. Ausmus has been working as a special assistant in the Padres’ front office since hanging up his cleats.
The job in Toronto opened up earlier this month when John Farrell was traded to the Red Sox.
- Giants manager Bruce Bochy doesn’t expect Matt Cain to pitch again this year 3
- Matt Harvey throws off mound for first time since Tommy John surgery 2
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 38
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 27
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 46
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 49
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 137
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 91
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (201)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (137)
- Tampa Bay news station tweets classless Detroit joke following David Price trade (128)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)