Oct 28, 2012, 10:04 PM EDT
Buster Posey has had a pretty quiet postseason with the bat. But he just struck at the right time for the Giants.
Posey turned on a Max Scherzer change-up in the top of the sixth inning for a two-run homer to give the Giants a 3-2 lead. The ball landed just inside the left field foul pole. After no lead changes in the first three games of the series, we have two so far tonight.
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 65
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 46
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 9
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 20
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 14
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)