Oct 28, 2012, 11:27 PM EST
We’re headed to extra innings in Game 4 of the World Series, as the Giants and Tigers remain tied at 3-3.
Jeremy Affeldt, who worked around a leadoff walk to strike out three straight in the eighth, struck out Andy Dirks swinging to begin the bottom of the ninth before getting Jhonny Peralta to fly out deep to center field. Santiago Casilla then replaced Affeldt and hit Omar Infante in the left hand/wrist area with a pitch. Infante was forced to exit the game as a result. Casilla managed to escape the inning by getting Gerald Laird to ground into a fielder’s choice.
The bullpen has been a weak spot for the Tigers this postseason, but they have 2 2/3 scoreless innings so far tonight. Phil Coke is back out there for the top of the tenth after striking out the side in the ninth.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 306
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (306)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (118)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)