Oct 28, 2012, 11:27 PM EDT
We’re headed to extra innings in Game 4 of the World Series, as the Giants and Tigers remain tied at 3-3.
Jeremy Affeldt, who worked around a leadoff walk to strike out three straight in the eighth, struck out Andy Dirks swinging to begin the bottom of the ninth before getting Jhonny Peralta to fly out deep to center field. Santiago Casilla then replaced Affeldt and hit Omar Infante in the left hand/wrist area with a pitch. Infante was forced to exit the game as a result. Casilla managed to escape the inning by getting Gerald Laird to ground into a fielder’s choice.
The bullpen has been a weak spot for the Tigers this postseason, but they have 2 2/3 scoreless innings so far tonight. Phil Coke is back out there for the top of the tenth after striking out the side in the ninth.
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 17
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 56
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 48
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 95
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 130
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” 130
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)