Oct 28, 2012, 11:27 PM EDT
We’re headed to extra innings in Game 4 of the World Series, as the Giants and Tigers remain tied at 3-3.
Jeremy Affeldt, who worked around a leadoff walk to strike out three straight in the eighth, struck out Andy Dirks swinging to begin the bottom of the ninth before getting Jhonny Peralta to fly out deep to center field. Santiago Casilla then replaced Affeldt and hit Omar Infante in the left hand/wrist area with a pitch. Infante was forced to exit the game as a result. Casilla managed to escape the inning by getting Gerald Laird to ground into a fielder’s choice.
The bullpen has been a weak spot for the Tigers this postseason, but they have 2 2/3 scoreless innings so far tonight. Phil Coke is back out there for the top of the tenth after striking out the side in the ninth.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 105
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8