Oct 28, 2012, 11:27 PM EDT
We’re headed to extra innings in Game 4 of the World Series, as the Giants and Tigers remain tied at 3-3.
Jeremy Affeldt, who worked around a leadoff walk to strike out three straight in the eighth, struck out Andy Dirks swinging to begin the bottom of the ninth before getting Jhonny Peralta to fly out deep to center field. Santiago Casilla then replaced Affeldt and hit Omar Infante in the left hand/wrist area with a pitch. Infante was forced to exit the game as a result. Casilla managed to escape the inning by getting Gerald Laird to ground into a fielder’s choice.
The bullpen has been a weak spot for the Tigers this postseason, but they have 2 2/3 scoreless innings so far tonight. Phil Coke is back out there for the top of the tenth after striking out the side in the ninth.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 60
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 6
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (85)