Oct 28, 2012, 11:27 PM EST
We’re headed to extra innings in Game 4 of the World Series, as the Giants and Tigers remain tied at 3-3.
Jeremy Affeldt, who worked around a leadoff walk to strike out three straight in the eighth, struck out Andy Dirks swinging to begin the bottom of the ninth before getting Jhonny Peralta to fly out deep to center field. Santiago Casilla then replaced Affeldt and hit Omar Infante in the left hand/wrist area with a pitch. Infante was forced to exit the game as a result. Casilla managed to escape the inning by getting Gerald Laird to ground into a fielder’s choice.
The bullpen has been a weak spot for the Tigers this postseason, but they have 2 2/3 scoreless innings so far tonight. Phil Coke is back out there for the top of the tenth after striking out the side in the ninth.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (88)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)