Oct 28, 2012, 11:42 PM EST
The Giants are just three outs away from a sweep of the Tigers in the 2012 World Series.
Ryan Theriot led off the tenth with a single to shallow center field before Brandon Crawford sacrificed him over to second base. Angel Pagan struck out swinging for the second out, but Scutaro punched one into center field to drive home Theriot with the go-ahead run.
Sergio Romo is out there for the bottom of the tenth as the Giants try to finish off their second World Series title in the past three seasons.
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 5
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 51
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 51
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 52
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 53
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)