Oct 28, 2012, 11:42 PM EDT
The Giants are just three outs away from a sweep of the Tigers in the 2012 World Series.
Ryan Theriot led off the tenth with a single to shallow center field before Brandon Crawford sacrificed him over to second base. Angel Pagan struck out swinging for the second out, but Scutaro punched one into center field to drive home Theriot with the go-ahead run.
Sergio Romo is out there for the bottom of the tenth as the Giants try to finish off their second World Series title in the past three seasons.
- Report: Zack Wheeler expected to make 2-3 starts in minors before joining Mets 1
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 98
- Astros vendor brings snow cones into bathroom stall, gets fired 54
- Don Mattingly will still be the Dodgers’ manager on Friday 18
- Jake Westbrook feeling lingering discomfort in right elbow 8
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (117)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (112)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (79)
- Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- Tebow fact: He reminds Chuck Norris of Chuck Norris
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- HBT: Astros vendor fired after taking food into bathroom
- PHT: Avs name Hall of Famer Roy as head coach
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful