Oct 28, 2012, 11:42 PM EST
The Giants are just three outs away from a sweep of the Tigers in the 2012 World Series.
Ryan Theriot led off the tenth with a single to shallow center field before Brandon Crawford sacrificed him over to second base. Angel Pagan struck out swinging for the second out, but Scutaro punched one into center field to drive home Theriot with the go-ahead run.
Sergio Romo is out there for the bottom of the tenth as the Giants try to finish off their second World Series title in the past three seasons.
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 72
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 26
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 4
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 3
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 363
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (363)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- John Baker, Jeremy Brown, coal mines and class (80)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (77)