Oct 28, 2012, 11:42 PM EDT
The Giants are just three outs away from a sweep of the Tigers in the 2012 World Series.
Ryan Theriot led off the tenth with a single to shallow center field before Brandon Crawford sacrificed him over to second base. Angel Pagan struck out swinging for the second out, but Scutaro punched one into center field to drive home Theriot with the go-ahead run.
Sergio Romo is out there for the bottom of the tenth as the Giants try to finish off their second World Series title in the past three seasons.
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 15
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 49
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 30
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 12
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 48
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 28
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)