Oct 28, 2012, 11:42 PM EDT
The Giants are just three outs away from a sweep of the Tigers in the 2012 World Series.
Ryan Theriot led off the tenth with a single to shallow center field before Brandon Crawford sacrificed him over to second base. Angel Pagan struck out swinging for the second out, but Scutaro punched one into center field to drive home Theriot with the go-ahead run.
Sergio Romo is out there for the bottom of the tenth as the Giants try to finish off their second World Series title in the past three seasons.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 0
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 65
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 57
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 58
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 147
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (147)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (145)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (101)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (90)