Oct 28, 2012, 8:46 PM EST
The Giants are one win away from sweeping the Tigers in the 2012 World Series. And they are off to a quick start in Game 4.
Max Scherzer struck out Buster Posey looking to begin the top of the second inning, but Hunter Pence followed with a ground-rule double to the left center field gap. Brandon Belt then tripled to the right field corner which plated Pence and gave the Giants an early 1-0 lead. Belt was 0-for-10 with six strikeouts in the series prior to the triple.
The Giants are 9-1 when scoring first this postseason. Given how much the Tigers’ offense has struggled this series, even a 1-0 deficit suddenly seems steep.
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 20
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 75
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 13
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 45
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba 141
- Marlins complete Michael Morse deal: two years, $16 million 18
- Padres, Rays, Mariners discussing trade involving Wil Myers 36
- It is perfectly clear that A-Rod is the Yankees’ DH. At best. So there will be no drama, right? 37
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (143)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (110)
- Done Deal: Yoenis Cespedes and two players traded to Detroit for Rick Porcello and a minor leaguer (105)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)