Oct 28, 2012, 8:46 PM EST
The Giants are one win away from sweeping the Tigers in the 2012 World Series. And they are off to a quick start in Game 4.
Max Scherzer struck out Buster Posey looking to begin the top of the second inning, but Hunter Pence followed with a ground-rule double to the left center field gap. Brandon Belt then tripled to the right field corner which plated Pence and gave the Giants an early 1-0 lead. Belt was 0-for-10 with six strikeouts in the series prior to the triple.
The Giants are 9-1 when scoring first this postseason. Given how much the Tigers’ offense has struggled this series, even a 1-0 deficit suddenly seems steep.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)