Oct 28, 2012, 1:05 PM EDT
Here is the Denver Post‘s Patrick Saunders on the Rockies’ expanding search for a new skipper:
The club has interviewed former major-league manager Jerry Manuel and former Phillies bench coach Pete Mackanin, a major-league source said Saturday. Also, a source confirmed that the Rockies have interviewed current Diamondbacks coach Matt Williams for the managerial post.
Rockies bench coach Tim Runnells, veteran slugger Jason Giambi and former Colorado shortstop Walt Weiss are also believed to be in the running for the job left vacant by Jim Tracy’s sudden resignation.
Giants bench coach Ron Wotus might get an interview once the World Series reaches its conclusion.
There’s no indication as to which candidate might be the frontrunner at this point. Giambi seemed to have been gaining momentum, but Saunders writes “he has not yet had a second interview” with team officials.
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 3
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 6
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 9
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 18
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 11
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 7
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 27
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 9
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)