Oct 28, 2012, 1:05 PM EDT
Here is the Denver Post‘s Patrick Saunders on the Rockies’ expanding search for a new skipper:
The club has interviewed former major-league manager Jerry Manuel and former Phillies bench coach Pete Mackanin, a major-league source said Saturday. Also, a source confirmed that the Rockies have interviewed current Diamondbacks coach Matt Williams for the managerial post.
Rockies bench coach Tim Runnells, veteran slugger Jason Giambi and former Colorado shortstop Walt Weiss are also believed to be in the running for the job left vacant by Jim Tracy’s sudden resignation.
Giants bench coach Ron Wotus might get an interview once the World Series reaches its conclusion.
There’s no indication as to which candidate might be the frontrunner at this point. Giambi seemed to have been gaining momentum, but Saunders writes “he has not yet had a second interview” with team officials.
- Cuban slugger Yasmani Tomas to command $100 million? 18
- Bruce and Brett Bochy make MLB history 29
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Zack Greinke homers, Dodgers demolish the Giants 17-0 at AT&T Park 19
- Frank Torre: 1931-2014 6
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 46
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball 86
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use 92
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (86)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)