Oct 28, 2012, 1:05 PM EDT
Here is the Denver Post‘s Patrick Saunders on the Rockies’ expanding search for a new skipper:
The club has interviewed former major-league manager Jerry Manuel and former Phillies bench coach Pete Mackanin, a major-league source said Saturday. Also, a source confirmed that the Rockies have interviewed current Diamondbacks coach Matt Williams for the managerial post.
Rockies bench coach Tim Runnells, veteran slugger Jason Giambi and former Colorado shortstop Walt Weiss are also believed to be in the running for the job left vacant by Jim Tracy’s sudden resignation.
Giants bench coach Ron Wotus might get an interview once the World Series reaches its conclusion.
There’s no indication as to which candidate might be the frontrunner at this point. Giambi seemed to have been gaining momentum, but Saunders writes “he has not yet had a second interview” with team officials.
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 5
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 81
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 17
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 27
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 31
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 18
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry 85
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 30
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (93)