Oct 28, 2012, 1:05 PM EDT
Here is the Denver Post‘s Patrick Saunders on the Rockies’ expanding search for a new skipper:
The club has interviewed former major-league manager Jerry Manuel and former Phillies bench coach Pete Mackanin, a major-league source said Saturday. Also, a source confirmed that the Rockies have interviewed current Diamondbacks coach Matt Williams for the managerial post.
Rockies bench coach Tim Runnells, veteran slugger Jason Giambi and former Colorado shortstop Walt Weiss are also believed to be in the running for the job left vacant by Jim Tracy’s sudden resignation.
Giants bench coach Ron Wotus might get an interview once the World Series reaches its conclusion.
There’s no indication as to which candidate might be the frontrunner at this point. Giambi seemed to have been gaining momentum, but Saunders writes “he has not yet had a second interview” with team officials.
- No-hitter watch: Aaron Harang has no-hit the Mets through seven innings 0
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 36
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 49
- VIDEO: The Yankees turned a triple play against the Rays 24
- Yasiel Puig does all of the Yasiel Puig things in the same inning 91
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)