Oct 28, 2012, 1:05 PM EDT
Here is the Denver Post‘s Patrick Saunders on the Rockies’ expanding search for a new skipper:
The club has interviewed former major-league manager Jerry Manuel and former Phillies bench coach Pete Mackanin, a major-league source said Saturday. Also, a source confirmed that the Rockies have interviewed current Diamondbacks coach Matt Williams for the managerial post.
Rockies bench coach Tim Runnells, veteran slugger Jason Giambi and former Colorado shortstop Walt Weiss are also believed to be in the running for the job left vacant by Jim Tracy’s sudden resignation.
Giants bench coach Ron Wotus might get an interview once the World Series reaches its conclusion.
There’s no indication as to which candidate might be the frontrunner at this point. Giambi seemed to have been gaining momentum, but Saunders writes “he has not yet had a second interview” with team officials.
- The beauty of belief 1
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 30
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 14
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 25
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 68
- Josh Hamilton declares himself ready for the ALDS 3
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 15
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)