Oct 28, 2012, 5:04 PM EDT
Here are the lineups for Game 4 of the World Series between the Giants and Tigers in Detroit:
SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS DETROIT TIGERS 1. Angel Pagan, CF 1. Austin Jackson, CF 2. Marco Scutaro, 2B 2. Quintin Berry, LF 3. Pablo Sandoval, 3B 3. Miguel Cabrera, 3B 4. Buster Posey, C 4. Prince Fielder, 1B 5. Hunter Pence, RF 5. Delmon Young, DH 6. Brandon Belt, 1B 6. Andy Dirks, RF 7. Gregor Blanco, LF 7. Jhonny Peralta, SS 8. Ryan Theriot, DH 8. Gerald Laird, C 9. Brandon Crawford, SS 9. Omar Infante, 2B SP Matt Cain, RH SP Max Scherzer, RH
The Giants are making only one change, substituting Theriot for Hector Sanchez at designated hitter. Sanchez finished 0-for-4 with three strikeouts in Saturday night’s 2-0 Game 3 victory. Theriot isn’t a much better option, but he’ll probably drive in four runs the way things are going this October for San Francisco.
The Tigers will stick with Berry in the No. 2 hole despite his poor at-bats throughout this postseason. Alex Avila was in the starting lineup initially but had to be scratched due to lingering soreness in his right wrist.
Game 4 is being broadcast on FOX by Joe Buck and Tim McCarver. First pitch is set for 8:07 p.m. ET.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 25
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 38
- VIDEO: Jacob deGrom begins game with eight straight strikeouts to tie MLB record 10
- Bud Selig says MLB and players union will meet this week about domestic abuse policy 8
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 67
- Cuban slugger Yasmani Tomas to command $100 million? 30
- Bruce and Brett Bochy make MLB history 33
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (87)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)