Oct 28, 2012, 5:04 PM EDT
Here are the lineups for Game 4 of the World Series between the Giants and Tigers in Detroit:
SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS DETROIT TIGERS 1. Angel Pagan, CF 1. Austin Jackson, CF 2. Marco Scutaro, 2B 2. Quintin Berry, LF 3. Pablo Sandoval, 3B 3. Miguel Cabrera, 3B 4. Buster Posey, C 4. Prince Fielder, 1B 5. Hunter Pence, RF 5. Delmon Young, DH 6. Brandon Belt, 1B 6. Andy Dirks, RF 7. Gregor Blanco, LF 7. Jhonny Peralta, SS 8. Ryan Theriot, DH 8. Gerald Laird, C 9. Brandon Crawford, SS 9. Omar Infante, 2B SP Matt Cain, RH SP Max Scherzer, RH
The Giants are making only one change, substituting Theriot for Hector Sanchez at designated hitter. Sanchez finished 0-for-4 with three strikeouts in Saturday night’s 2-0 Game 3 victory. Theriot isn’t a much better option, but he’ll probably drive in four runs the way things are going this October for San Francisco.
The Tigers will stick with Berry in the No. 2 hole despite his poor at-bats throughout this postseason. Alex Avila was in the starting lineup initially but had to be scratched due to lingering soreness in his right wrist.
Game 4 is being broadcast on FOX by Joe Buck and Tim McCarver. First pitch is set for 8:07 p.m. ET.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 57
- Alex Sanabia brings back the spitball in beating the Phillies 41
- Joe Maddon shows us why limited instant replay and manager challenges are bad ideas 45
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore 65
- Apparently Miguel Cabrera’s 2013 has made his 2012 better somehow 55
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- Sports world keeps eye on Oklahoma tornado
- PBT: Vogel downplays war of words with LeBron
- HBT: Camera catches Marlins' Sanabia with spitball
- PBT: Howard reportedly frustrated with D'Antoni
- PBT: Durant, Thunder send support to tornado victims