Oct 28, 2012, 5:04 PM EST
Here are the lineups for Game 4 of the World Series between the Giants and Tigers in Detroit:
SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS DETROIT TIGERS 1. Angel Pagan, CF 1. Austin Jackson, CF 2. Marco Scutaro, 2B 2. Quintin Berry, LF 3. Pablo Sandoval, 3B 3. Miguel Cabrera, 3B 4. Buster Posey, C 4. Prince Fielder, 1B 5. Hunter Pence, RF 5. Delmon Young, DH 6. Brandon Belt, 1B 6. Andy Dirks, RF 7. Gregor Blanco, LF 7. Jhonny Peralta, SS 8. Ryan Theriot, DH 8. Gerald Laird, C 9. Brandon Crawford, SS 9. Omar Infante, 2B SP Matt Cain, RH SP Max Scherzer, RH
The Giants are making only one change, substituting Theriot for Hector Sanchez at designated hitter. Sanchez finished 0-for-4 with three strikeouts in Saturday night’s 2-0 Game 3 victory. Theriot isn’t a much better option, but he’ll probably drive in four runs the way things are going this October for San Francisco.
The Tigers will stick with Berry in the No. 2 hole despite his poor at-bats throughout this postseason. Alex Avila was in the starting lineup initially but had to be scratched due to lingering soreness in his right wrist.
Game 4 is being broadcast on FOX by Joe Buck and Tim McCarver. First pitch is set for 8:07 p.m. ET.
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 2
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 29
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 89
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 44
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 16
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 15
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 75
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (144)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (92)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)