Oct 28, 2012, 5:04 PM EDT
Here are the lineups for Game 4 of the World Series between the Giants and Tigers in Detroit:
SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS DETROIT TIGERS 1. Angel Pagan, CF 1. Austin Jackson, CF 2. Marco Scutaro, 2B 2. Quintin Berry, LF 3. Pablo Sandoval, 3B 3. Miguel Cabrera, 3B 4. Buster Posey, C 4. Prince Fielder, 1B 5. Hunter Pence, RF 5. Delmon Young, DH 6. Brandon Belt, 1B 6. Andy Dirks, RF 7. Gregor Blanco, LF 7. Jhonny Peralta, SS 8. Ryan Theriot, DH 8. Gerald Laird, C 9. Brandon Crawford, SS 9. Omar Infante, 2B SP Matt Cain, RH SP Max Scherzer, RH
The Giants are making only one change, substituting Theriot for Hector Sanchez at designated hitter. Sanchez finished 0-for-4 with three strikeouts in Saturday night’s 2-0 Game 3 victory. Theriot isn’t a much better option, but he’ll probably drive in four runs the way things are going this October for San Francisco.
The Tigers will stick with Berry in the No. 2 hole despite his poor at-bats throughout this postseason. Alex Avila was in the starting lineup initially but had to be scratched due to lingering soreness in his right wrist.
Game 4 is being broadcast on FOX by Joe Buck and Tim McCarver. First pitch is set for 8:07 p.m. ET.
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 8
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 59
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 78
- MLB “actively studying” fan safety; Phillies plan to expand netting at Citizens Bank Park 27
- Marlins might move in and lower the fences at Marlins Park 26
- Astros beat the suddenly skidding Yankees, top last year’s win total 30
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week 131
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” 90
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (131)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)
- Let’s all argue about team chemistry again (118)