Oct 28, 2012, 5:04 PM EDT
Here are the lineups for Game 4 of the World Series between the Giants and Tigers in Detroit:
SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS DETROIT TIGERS 1. Angel Pagan, CF 1. Austin Jackson, CF 2. Marco Scutaro, 2B 2. Quintin Berry, LF 3. Pablo Sandoval, 3B 3. Miguel Cabrera, 3B 4. Buster Posey, C 4. Prince Fielder, 1B 5. Hunter Pence, RF 5. Delmon Young, DH 6. Brandon Belt, 1B 6. Andy Dirks, RF 7. Gregor Blanco, LF 7. Jhonny Peralta, SS 8. Ryan Theriot, DH 8. Gerald Laird, C 9. Brandon Crawford, SS 9. Omar Infante, 2B SP Matt Cain, RH SP Max Scherzer, RH
The Giants are making only one change, substituting Theriot for Hector Sanchez at designated hitter. Sanchez finished 0-for-4 with three strikeouts in Saturday night’s 2-0 Game 3 victory. Theriot isn’t a much better option, but he’ll probably drive in four runs the way things are going this October for San Francisco.
The Tigers will stick with Berry in the No. 2 hole despite his poor at-bats throughout this postseason. Alex Avila was in the starting lineup initially but had to be scratched due to lingering soreness in his right wrist.
Game 4 is being broadcast on FOX by Joe Buck and Tim McCarver. First pitch is set for 8:07 p.m. ET.
- Devin Mesoraco could need hip surgery 0
- Alex Cobb confirmed to have elbow ligament tear 10
- Royals expected to get closer Greg Holland back tomorrow 1
- Madison Bumgarner threw his fastest pitch since 2010 9
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 57
- Rangers snap Astros’ 10-game winning streak 7
- UPDATE: Hanley Ramirez exits game with a left shoulder sprain 27
- Nelson Cruz, Adrian Gonzalez named Players of the Month 18
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (140)
- Buck Showalter had some wise words about what’s happening in Baltimore (123)
- Some anti-DH counterpoints (102)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (98)
- Alex Rodriguez hits a pinch-hit home run to tie Willie Mays at 660 home runs (95)