Oct 29, 2012, 10:23 PM EDT
Bartolo Colon managed to avoid any fractures when he was hit in the head by a liner while pitching for Aguilas Cibaenas on Sunday, but he did need six stitches to close the cut above his chin.
Here’s the video:
Colon was making his second winter league start in the Dominican Republic when he was drilled by a Marcell Ozuna liner. He was immediately transported to the hospital, but he checked out OK, according to the Eagles.
The 39-year-old Colon could use an impressive winter ball campaign if he expects to receive more than token offers from major league teams as a free agent this winter. He was 10-9 with a 3.43 ERA last season before a positive PED test resulted in a 50-game suspension in August.
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 4
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 15
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 48
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 49
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)