Oct 29, 2012, 10:23 PM EDT
Bartolo Colon managed to avoid any fractures when he was hit in the head by a liner while pitching for Aguilas Cibaenas on Sunday, but he did need six stitches to close the cut above his chin.
Here’s the video:
Colon was making his second winter league start in the Dominican Republic when he was drilled by a Marcell Ozuna liner. He was immediately transported to the hospital, but he checked out OK, according to the Eagles.
The 39-year-old Colon could use an impressive winter ball campaign if he expects to receive more than token offers from major league teams as a free agent this winter. He was 10-9 with a 3.43 ERA last season before a positive PED test resulted in a 50-game suspension in August.
- Giants rout Royals 11-4 in Game 4 to even up the World Series at 2-2 14
- Mike Trout, Giancarlo Stanton win the Hank Aaron Award 1
- World Series, Game 4: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Report: Rays owner Stuart Sternberg has discussed moving the team to Montreal 62
- Dave Dombrowski on Miguel Cabrera: “It’s worse than what we ever would have anticipated” 33
- World Series Reset: Can the Giants even things up? 4
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 36
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 4
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (143)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (106)