Oct 29, 2012, 10:23 PM EST
Bartolo Colon managed to avoid any fractures when he was hit in the head by a liner while pitching for Aguilas Cibaenas on Sunday, but he did need six stitches to close the cut above his chin.
Here’s the video:
Colon was making his second winter league start in the Dominican Republic when he was drilled by a Marcell Ozuna liner. He was immediately transported to the hospital, but he checked out OK, according to the Eagles.
The 39-year-old Colon could use an impressive winter ball campaign if he expects to receive more than token offers from major league teams as a free agent this winter. He was 10-9 with a 3.43 ERA last season before a positive PED test resulted in a 50-game suspension in August.
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 28
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 38
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 56
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 28
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)