Oct 29, 2012, 9:15 AM EST
It wasn’t exactly the best time for a guy to make plans for the future, so it’s probably understandable that when asked last night, Jim Leyland wouldn’t say that he’d be back in Detroit in 2013:
“I don’t really know that,” Leyland said. “We’re going to talk about some things in a day or so and I’m sure they’ll have some type of an announcement. But tonight’s not the night for that.”
Leyland has said that he’s not going to manage another team and Dave Dombrowski said that if Leyland wants to come back next year, he’s more than welcome to do so.
Based on how my Tiger fan friends are feeling today, it’s not surprising that the last thing Leyland wants to think about is more Tiger baseball at this point.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)