Oct 29, 2012, 2:50 PM EDT
Over the weekend Calcaterra noted that the Astros’ logo changes for 2013 had been leaked ahead of this Friday’s planned unveiling, as a local sporting goods store briefly had merchandise featuring the new logo before pulling them from the shelves.
Apparently some products with the new logo were also available online via MLB.com, because Major League Baseball Properties and MLB Advanced Media have issued the following apology to the Astros:
We apologize to the Houston Astros and their great fans for the premature, online availability of officially-licensed product featuring the new Astros logo. It is an error that should have been caught and an error we regret.
Not a huge deal in the game scheme of things, of course, and most importantly the Astros’ new logo looks pretty good.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (72)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (70)
- Barry Bonds is back in uniform (68)