Oct 29, 2012, 2:50 PM EDT
Over the weekend Calcaterra noted that the Astros’ logo changes for 2013 had been leaked ahead of this Friday’s planned unveiling, as a local sporting goods store briefly had merchandise featuring the new logo before pulling them from the shelves.
Apparently some products with the new logo were also available online via MLB.com, because Major League Baseball Properties and MLB Advanced Media have issued the following apology to the Astros:
We apologize to the Houston Astros and their great fans for the premature, online availability of officially-licensed product featuring the new Astros logo. It is an error that should have been caught and an error we regret.
Not a huge deal in the game scheme of things, of course, and most importantly the Astros’ new logo looks pretty good.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 22
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 24
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 32
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 49
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 137
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 89
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (137)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- Tampa Bay news station tweets classless Detroit joke following David Price trade (118)