Oct 29, 2012, 2:50 PM EST
Over the weekend Calcaterra noted that the Astros’ logo changes for 2013 had been leaked ahead of this Friday’s planned unveiling, as a local sporting goods store briefly had merchandise featuring the new logo before pulling them from the shelves.
Apparently some products with the new logo were also available online via MLB.com, because Major League Baseball Properties and MLB Advanced Media have issued the following apology to the Astros:
We apologize to the Houston Astros and their great fans for the premature, online availability of officially-licensed product featuring the new Astros logo. It is an error that should have been caught and an error we regret.
Not a huge deal in the game scheme of things, of course, and most importantly the Astros’ new logo looks pretty good.
- Mariners sign Corey Hart 11
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 29
- Media paying for athlete interviews? Not likely. But watch this stuff closely anyway. 18
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 12
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 65
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (111)