Oct 29, 2012, 2:50 PM EST
Over the weekend Calcaterra noted that the Astros’ logo changes for 2013 had been leaked ahead of this Friday’s planned unveiling, as a local sporting goods store briefly had merchandise featuring the new logo before pulling them from the shelves.
Apparently some products with the new logo were also available online via MLB.com, because Major League Baseball Properties and MLB Advanced Media have issued the following apology to the Astros:
We apologize to the Houston Astros and their great fans for the premature, online availability of officially-licensed product featuring the new Astros logo. It is an error that should have been caught and an error we regret.
Not a huge deal in the game scheme of things, of course, and most importantly the Astros’ new logo looks pretty good.
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 1
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 20
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 62
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 85
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 48
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 37
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site (90)