Oct 29, 2012, 2:50 PM EDT
Over the weekend Calcaterra noted that the Astros’ logo changes for 2013 had been leaked ahead of this Friday’s planned unveiling, as a local sporting goods store briefly had merchandise featuring the new logo before pulling them from the shelves.
Apparently some products with the new logo were also available online via MLB.com, because Major League Baseball Properties and MLB Advanced Media have issued the following apology to the Astros:
We apologize to the Houston Astros and their great fans for the premature, online availability of officially-licensed product featuring the new Astros logo. It is an error that should have been caught and an error we regret.
Not a huge deal in the game scheme of things, of course, and most importantly the Astros’ new logo looks pretty good.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (241)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (111)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)