Oct 29, 2012, 12:17 AM EDT
Pablo Sandoval had a diminished role during the Giants’ World Series run in 2010, but he was a key contributor this time around.
A no-brainer choice after the Giants finished off a four-game sweep of the Tigers tonight, Sandoval was named the World Series MVP.
Sandoval went 8-for-16 (.500) during the series, including his three-homer performance in Game 1. Babe Ruth, Reggie Jackson and Albert Pujols are the only other players to hit three home runs in a World Series game. Kung-Fu Panda was excellent throughout the postseason, batting .364 (24-for-66) with five doubles, six home runs, 13 RBI and a 1.098 OPS. He fell one shy of tying the all-time record for hits in a single postseason.
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 51
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 26
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 46
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 58
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (124)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (89)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)