Oct 29, 2012, 2:14 PM EDT
Wigginton’s option was for $4 million, but he hasn’t cracked a .750 OPS since 2008 and at age 35 can no longer really even fake it defensively at third base or second base.
Contreras’ option was for $2.5 million, but he had a second straight season wrecked by a major elbow injury and may never pitch again.
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (84)
- Blackhawks win OT thriller
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PBT: Celts, Clips restart Doc, KG trade talks
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming