Oct 29, 2012, 5:32 PM EDT
Like a lot of refusals to decline options, this one is not really news. But the way it is stated by Andrew Baggarly is Tweet of the Day-worthy:
Nothing official, but Giants will decline $10 million option on Aubrey Huff and choose $2 mil buyout. They didn’t get THAT drunk last night.
— Andrew Baggarly (@CSNBaggs) October 29, 2012
Huff crashed and burned hard this year. I figure he’ll get a non-roster invite to some camp someplace next spring, but I’d be shocked if he’s on an Opening Day roster.
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 7
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 155
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 4
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 30
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (159)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)