Oct 29, 2012, 8:54 AM EDT
The Giants’ victory parade will begin at the foot of Market Street at 11 a.m. Wednesday. The parade ends at Civic Center. Yes, on Halloween. The city that revels in Bay to Breakers, Halloween in the Castro, and any chance to dress up (or down) and party, will throw an orange-and-black celebration to rival all others.
The parade they had back in 2010 was notable for its size and relative rowdiness as far as these things go. I presume this one will be more subdued. Has to be, right? Old hat and all of that?
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 0
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 20
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 66
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 78
- MLB “actively studying” fan safety; Phillies plan to expand netting at Citizens Bank Park 28
- Marlins might move in and lower the fences at Marlins Park 26
- Astros beat the suddenly skidding Yankees, top last year’s win total 30
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week 134
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)
- Let’s all argue about team chemistry again (118)