Oct 29, 2012, 12:48 PM EDT
Granderson and Cano will each make $15 million, and they’ll both be eligible for free agency next winter. Despite a pair of ugly postseason performances obviously Granderson and Cano on one-year commitments are easy calls.
Mark Feinsand of the New York Daily News reports that the Yankees also exercised their 2013 option on reliever David Aardsma, who missed all of last season and nearly all of this season following elbow and hip surgeries. New York signed Aardsma to a cheap deal knowing he was a question mark for 2012, so they’ll throw the former Mariners closer into the bullpen mix as a cheap possibility for 2013.
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 0
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 33
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 59
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 70
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 44
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 12
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 48
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 28
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)