Oct 29, 2012, 12:48 PM EDT
Granderson and Cano will each make $15 million, and they’ll both be eligible for free agency next winter. Despite a pair of ugly postseason performances obviously Granderson and Cano on one-year commitments are easy calls.
Mark Feinsand of the New York Daily News reports that the Yankees also exercised their 2013 option on reliever David Aardsma, who missed all of last season and nearly all of this season following elbow and hip surgeries. New York signed Aardsma to a cheap deal knowing he was a question mark for 2012, so they’ll throw the former Mariners closer into the bullpen mix as a cheap possibility for 2013.
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 0
- Mets blow out Marlins, move past Nationals for first place in NL East 6
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 71
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 85
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 65
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)