Oct 29, 2012, 12:48 PM EDT
Granderson and Cano will each make $15 million, and they’ll both be eligible for free agency next winter. Despite a pair of ugly postseason performances obviously Granderson and Cano on one-year commitments are easy calls.
Mark Feinsand of the New York Daily News reports that the Yankees also exercised their 2013 option on reliever David Aardsma, who missed all of last season and nearly all of this season following elbow and hip surgeries. New York signed Aardsma to a cheap deal knowing he was a question mark for 2012, so they’ll throw the former Mariners closer into the bullpen mix as a cheap possibility for 2013.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 71
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)