Oct 29, 2012, 12:48 PM EST
Granderson and Cano will each make $15 million, and they’ll both be eligible for free agency next winter. Despite a pair of ugly postseason performances obviously Granderson and Cano on one-year commitments are easy calls.
Mark Feinsand of the New York Daily News reports that the Yankees also exercised their 2013 option on reliever David Aardsma, who missed all of last season and nearly all of this season following elbow and hip surgeries. New York signed Aardsma to a cheap deal knowing he was a question mark for 2012, so they’ll throw the former Mariners closer into the bullpen mix as a cheap possibility for 2013.
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 118
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 40
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 368
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (368)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (308)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (118)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (85)