Oct 29, 2012, 12:48 PM EDT
Granderson and Cano will each make $15 million, and they’ll both be eligible for free agency next winter. Despite a pair of ugly postseason performances obviously Granderson and Cano on one-year commitments are easy calls.
Mark Feinsand of the New York Daily News reports that the Yankees also exercised their 2013 option on reliever David Aardsma, who missed all of last season and nearly all of this season following elbow and hip surgeries. New York signed Aardsma to a cheap deal knowing he was a question mark for 2012, so they’ll throw the former Mariners closer into the bullpen mix as a cheap possibility for 2013.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 118
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 156
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 22
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 56
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 56
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 356
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (356)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (199)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (173)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore (157)