Oct 30, 2012, 12:16 PM EDT
John Farrell has brought another member of his Toronto coaching staff with him to Boston, as the Red Sox announced that Brian Butterfield will be their new third base coach.
Butterfield had been with the Blue Jays since 2002, sticking around through four different managers. He spent the past three seasons as third base coach and replaces Jerry Royster.
Farrell previously added Blue Jays first base coach Torey Lovullo to his Red Sox staff as bench coach, replacing Tim Bogar.
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 141
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 66
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (159)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)