Oct 30, 2012, 12:16 PM EDT
John Farrell has brought another member of his Toronto coaching staff with him to Boston, as the Red Sox announced that Brian Butterfield will be their new third base coach.
Butterfield had been with the Blue Jays since 2002, sticking around through four different managers. He spent the past three seasons as third base coach and replaces Jerry Royster.
Farrell previously added Blue Jays first base coach Torey Lovullo to his Red Sox staff as bench coach, replacing Tim Bogar.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 105
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8