Oct 30, 2012, 12:16 PM EDT
John Farrell has brought another member of his Toronto coaching staff with him to Boston, as the Red Sox announced that Brian Butterfield will be their new third base coach.
Butterfield had been with the Blue Jays since 2002, sticking around through four different managers. He spent the past three seasons as third base coach and replaces Jerry Royster.
Farrell previously added Blue Jays first base coach Torey Lovullo to his Red Sox staff as bench coach, replacing Tim Bogar.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 87
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 75
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 69
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 115
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)