Oct 30, 2012, 12:16 PM EDT
John Farrell has brought another member of his Toronto coaching staff with him to Boston, as the Red Sox announced that Brian Butterfield will be their new third base coach.
Butterfield had been with the Blue Jays since 2002, sticking around through four different managers. He spent the past three seasons as third base coach and replaces Jerry Royster.
Farrell previously added Blue Jays first base coach Torey Lovullo to his Red Sox staff as bench coach, replacing Tim Bogar.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 0
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 65
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 57
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 58
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 147
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (147)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (145)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (101)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (90)