Oct 30, 2012, 10:15 AM EDT
So far the Marlins have interviewed Mike Redmond, Bryan Price, and Larry Bowa as they search for Ozzie Guillen’s replacement, and Bowa talked about the experience yesterday on Chris Russo’s radio show.
Joe Frisaro of MLB.com has the transcript, which includes this excerpt:
Bowa: I had a nice interview with Jeffrey Loria and the general manager, [Larry] Beinfest, and [Dan] Jennings. It was a good interview.
Russo: Were you surprised they called you?
Bowa: No, not really. I’ve known Jeff Loria for awhile. It was a good interview. I had a good time exchanging ideas and everything and we’ll see where that goes.
Russo: Are you optimistic that something could happen there?
Bowa: You know what, Chris, you know how that goes. When you get interviewed you don’t know. You know, you think you did good, maybe you didn’t do good. I thought it was a good interview. We made some good points with each other.
Russo: That team could use a little feistiness from you.
Bowa: [Laughs.] Yeah, that was one of the issues that was brought up.
I’m amused by the idea that what held the Marlins back in their first and only season under Guillen was a lack of “feistiness” from the manager. You know, because Ozzie is such a wallflower.
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 0
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 3
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 11
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 49
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 30
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 18
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 14
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (264)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)