Oct 30, 2012, 10:15 AM EDT
So far the Marlins have interviewed Mike Redmond, Bryan Price, and Larry Bowa as they search for Ozzie Guillen’s replacement, and Bowa talked about the experience yesterday on Chris Russo’s radio show.
Joe Frisaro of MLB.com has the transcript, which includes this excerpt:
Bowa: I had a nice interview with Jeffrey Loria and the general manager, [Larry] Beinfest, and [Dan] Jennings. It was a good interview.
Russo: Were you surprised they called you?
Bowa: No, not really. I’ve known Jeff Loria for awhile. It was a good interview. I had a good time exchanging ideas and everything and we’ll see where that goes.
Russo: Are you optimistic that something could happen there?
Bowa: You know what, Chris, you know how that goes. When you get interviewed you don’t know. You know, you think you did good, maybe you didn’t do good. I thought it was a good interview. We made some good points with each other.
Russo: That team could use a little feistiness from you.
Bowa: [Laughs.] Yeah, that was one of the issues that was brought up.
I’m amused by the idea that what held the Marlins back in their first and only season under Guillen was a lack of “feistiness” from the manager. You know, because Ozzie is such a wallflower.
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 21
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 5
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 9
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 22
- World Series Reset: The Royals look to pick themselves up off the mat 8
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 7
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (95)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)