Oct 30, 2012, 10:15 AM EDT
So far the Marlins have interviewed Mike Redmond, Bryan Price, and Larry Bowa as they search for Ozzie Guillen’s replacement, and Bowa talked about the experience yesterday on Chris Russo’s radio show.
Joe Frisaro of MLB.com has the transcript, which includes this excerpt:
Bowa: I had a nice interview with Jeffrey Loria and the general manager, [Larry] Beinfest, and [Dan] Jennings. It was a good interview.
Russo: Were you surprised they called you?
Bowa: No, not really. I’ve known Jeff Loria for awhile. It was a good interview. I had a good time exchanging ideas and everything and we’ll see where that goes.
Russo: Are you optimistic that something could happen there?
Bowa: You know what, Chris, you know how that goes. When you get interviewed you don’t know. You know, you think you did good, maybe you didn’t do good. I thought it was a good interview. We made some good points with each other.
Russo: That team could use a little feistiness from you.
Bowa: [Laughs.] Yeah, that was one of the issues that was brought up.
I’m amused by the idea that what held the Marlins back in their first and only season under Guillen was a lack of “feistiness” from the manager. You know, because Ozzie is such a wallflower.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (124)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (116)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (82)
- Blackhawks stave off elimination
- Video: Highlights: Blackhawks top Red Wings 4-1
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PHT: Bruins bounce Rangers, advance to Conf. finals
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?