Oct 30, 2012, 10:15 AM EDT
So far the Marlins have interviewed Mike Redmond, Bryan Price, and Larry Bowa as they search for Ozzie Guillen’s replacement, and Bowa talked about the experience yesterday on Chris Russo’s radio show.
Joe Frisaro of MLB.com has the transcript, which includes this excerpt:
Bowa: I had a nice interview with Jeffrey Loria and the general manager, [Larry] Beinfest, and [Dan] Jennings. It was a good interview.
Russo: Were you surprised they called you?
Bowa: No, not really. I’ve known Jeff Loria for awhile. It was a good interview. I had a good time exchanging ideas and everything and we’ll see where that goes.
Russo: Are you optimistic that something could happen there?
Bowa: You know what, Chris, you know how that goes. When you get interviewed you don’t know. You know, you think you did good, maybe you didn’t do good. I thought it was a good interview. We made some good points with each other.
Russo: That team could use a little feistiness from you.
Bowa: [Laughs.] Yeah, that was one of the issues that was brought up.
I’m amused by the idea that what held the Marlins back in their first and only season under Guillen was a lack of “feistiness” from the manager. You know, because Ozzie is such a wallflower.
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 4
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 12
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 23
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 70
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 58
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 22
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 2
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco (70)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (69)