Oct 30, 2012, 5:17 PM EDT
Run support and luck allowed Feldman to win 17 games in 2009 despite a 4.08 ERA and that got him a contract extension, but in three seasons since then he’s been ineffective and injured with a 5.15 ERA in 297 innings. Good beard, though. Texas chose a $600,000 buyout instead of a $9.25 million option.
Tateyama had a great strikeout-to-walk ratio in 44 innings as a 35-year-old rookie after coming over from Japan last season, but spent most of this season at Triple-A and coughed up 19 runs in 17 innings with the Rangers.
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 26
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 27
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 33
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 13
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (101)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)