Oct 30, 2012, 5:17 PM EST
Run support and luck allowed Feldman to win 17 games in 2009 despite a 4.08 ERA and that got him a contract extension, but in three seasons since then he’s been ineffective and injured with a 5.15 ERA in 297 innings. Good beard, though. Texas chose a $600,000 buyout instead of a $9.25 million option.
Tateyama had a great strikeout-to-walk ratio in 44 innings as a 35-year-old rookie after coming over from Japan last season, but spent most of this season at Triple-A and coughed up 19 runs in 17 innings with the Rangers.
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 107
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 40
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 5
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 4
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 367
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (367)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (108)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (85)