Oct 30, 2012, 5:17 PM EDT
Run support and luck allowed Feldman to win 17 games in 2009 despite a 4.08 ERA and that got him a contract extension, but in three seasons since then he’s been ineffective and injured with a 5.15 ERA in 297 innings. Good beard, though. Texas chose a $600,000 buyout instead of a $9.25 million option.
Tateyama had a great strikeout-to-walk ratio in 44 innings as a 35-year-old rookie after coming over from Japan last season, but spent most of this season at Triple-A and coughed up 19 runs in 17 innings with the Rangers.
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 3
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 5
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 6
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 54
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 25
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)