Oct 30, 2012, 4:46 PM EDT
Shi Davidi of Sportsnet reports that Blue Jays left-hander Ricky Romero underwent arthroscopic elbow surgery and “received platelet-rich plasma injections in both knees to enhance recovery from quad tendinitis,” which perhaps helps explain at least some of his disastrous season.
Romero was an All-Star last season and got off to a decent start this year, but then completely fell apart by going 1-13 with a 7.35 ERA in his final 17 outings.
According to Davidi the elbow surgery was merely a “cleanup” procedure with a six-week recovery timetable, leaving Romero plenty of time to get ready for spring training. He has three years and $23 million remaining on a contract signed in August of 2010.
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 0
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 1
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 22
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 5
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 10
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 23
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (95)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)